Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tint Dealership Resolution Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:37 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Window Tint Dealership Resolution Update

Absolutely. I plan to post an update when its out of the shop but I also want to see if the part(s) they order is a good fix so Ill keep the forum posted.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:04 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

If the glass is being scratched then that is an issue for Ford to fix. If it's just the tint then Ford has no obligation to cover the cost of repair. Window tint is not 50 state legal for the driver and front passenger door anyway. In most cases you won't even have legal recourse. Have you installed the moleskin or felt yet? It's not Ford's responsibility to design the belt moldings for use with window tinting.

Again, if your glass is getting scratched then that is a different issue entirely.
I don't really know about you, or where you live bascho, but down here in Texas "most" new vehicles (Not Just Mustangs) Usually do come with "After-Market" tint on them or the dealer usually has it done when you purchase the car. Your right though "It's not Ford's responsibility to design the belt moldings for use with window tinting". Though on this current model S197 Mustang there seems to be a problem with it "Scratching" the Tint, and to some "Scratching the WINDOW it's self. But then again to each his, or her own on their opinion toward this matter. Thanks for your input.

- Justin
Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

UPDATE - Just wanted to givethe foruman update on my scratched window tint problem. As I have mentioned before, my local dealer is paying to re-tint both windows. Yesterday my car went into the shop to replacethe door parts that are apprently causing this problem. They ended upreplacing the driver's sideglassbecause the scratches were so bad on that side. The passenger side was not as bad so they did not find scratches in the glass on that side. Tomorrow is my appointment to have the windows re-tinted. I hope the new parts installed in the doors will be the fix, only time will tell. Those of you with tint scratching, be cautious because you never know if more damage exists. I would have never thought the entire glass would need replacing. Good luck!!