Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED Supercharger help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED Supercharger help!

if your going to S/C I think you should run the tank near empty and fill with Prem 93 octane (or better if avalible at most gas stations) before installing the S/C that way you won't risk trouble with the 87 and S/C
don't put in above prem unless you talk to you're tuner because if you do and he tunes to say 104 you might have a problem the next time you fill up if you're not carful to load the 93 tune first
Old 11-17-2006, 12:59 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

if your going to S/C I think you should run the tank near empty and fill with Prem 93 octane (or better if avalible at most gas stations) before installing the S/C that way you won't risk trouble with the 87 and S/C
Good advice, several of the kits out there actually tell you to do this before installing the kit.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi
Good advice, several of the kits out there actually tell you to do this before installing the kit.
I didn't know that the kits said that and its not any consern for me because I run 93 already anyway
Old 11-17-2006, 06:45 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

I run 93 from day 1 anyway.

Back to the blower Will this Work for me? Anyone else here own a similar procharger?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:27 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I didn't know that the kits said that and its not any consern for me because I run 93 already anyway
Yea some S/C kits we have gotten for some of the cars say to (if you haven't already been doing it) run 2-3 full tanks of 93 octane prior to installing and tuning. I was impressed they said that and it seems a bit extreme, but hey I am a do it by the book kinda guy that way it "shouldn't" break
Old 11-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Yea some S/C kits we have gotten for some of the cars say to (if you haven't already been doing it) run 2-3 full tanks of 93 octane prior to installing and tuning. I was impressed they said that and it seems a bit extreme, but hey I am a do it by the book kinda guy that way it "shouldn't" break
If and when I get a S/C I'll get one tank of 104 then run that down and put in more 93
I the kind to first read the book then understand why it said something and if posible do better than what it said
Old 11-18-2006, 09:56 PM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE:

Just to let anyone that was interested I did not purchase. I will supply the sellers info to anyone who is inerested, the deal was for a p1sc, 52lb injectors tuner, like i said I will give you the info as a friendly gesture, lol. On another note I cant say for certain this guy was on the up & up. He wanted wire transfer, he is new to ebay so..I just decided to go with a CAI and tuner, and get a blower in the spring/summer, probably a whipple.