Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Sounds like it's time for bascho to step in and see what he can do to help you guys out that are still having difficulties with your dealers.
Bascho did offer to give your dealer/service manager a call to bring them up to speed on the latest repair issue.
He also mentioned that some dealers have yet to make it a habbit to install the latest update software (via a monthy CD that all dealers receive) that they are supposed to load right then so they have the latest part numbers, updates, inventory changes and warranty repair procedures.

Any of you that are running into counter intention from your dealer's parts or service manager are dealing with what's known as a 'KNOW BEST'. Know bests are dumbass people that pretend to know it all but don't know spit about the particular subject they are pretending to know all about. They screw things up, they cause hassles and developed unnecessary traffic for others etc.

So what you do is ignore the know best, bypass him/her and go above their heads until you get the required / expected results!

Also, a know best can be corrected (if they're humble enough) and cured of that shi* ars stupid human behavior! Of course sometimes a goodbitch slappinwill do the trick too

So if needs be, get in touch with bascho on here via PM. He is willing to help and he is very effective in getting things corrected and moving in the right direction! I know this from personal experience.

Best of luck you guys and I hope to see you become new members of the NO THUNKING CLUB too!

Wolfey2k
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
fredlo69
1st Gear Member

Will be nice if someone within the New York Tri-State area who have had the repair done please post the Name of Dealer. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

By the way. For those of you who don't know it, bascho does work for Ford in Detroit!
He will help you in any way he can if you ask him.
Wolfey2k
Old 07-30-2007, 02:38 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

By the way. For those of you who don't know it, bascho does work for Ford in Detroit!
He will help you in any way he can if you ask him.
Wolfey2k

I got mine fixed OK. The service manager was just pissed that I was more in the loop than he was.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Reading the latest posts on the issue of the "thunking problem", definitely can confuse anyone.I went to pick up my mustang, the Service Manager who was so helpful andordered my parts without any information other than what I have been telling him, was not there so I dealt with the Assistant manager. As I was signing the work order and collecting my keys, the assistant manager made sure to inform me that there was a TSB out for this problem, but it was only for the 2005 year, and that he could not find any information on needing to fix other years = 2006, 2007. One would think that both the manager and assistant manager talk during the day etc., especially on updates, TSB's etc. etc.. But it definitely appeared as though the assistant manager was completely in the dark about this correction for the suspension. And the manager without even a second thought ordered the parst and made my appointment. Go Figure!
But on the bright side, the new parts definitely fix the problem. I have had absolutely NO thunking, not even a slight amount of noise. And I have to agree with who ever it was thatposted that the car even seems to handle better, it seems to be tighter.
I wish I had an answer for you all that are still struggling to get your car fixed, but I am speechless. It seems to be cut and dried, if there is a suspension noise and there is a cure for such noise, what difference does it make to whether it is a 2005 or 06 or 07? You have a warranty, they know the cure, FIX IT!

Good Luck my Friends, If I can find a way to help you, or run across any information that can help you, I will post it immediately,

Casper
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

Well, my first try was similar to many who have had problems above. "there is no problem" or "there is no TSB". In my case BOTH.

I took Grampastangs printout with me, their reply was "oh thats nice, but it doesn't apply to your car, bla bla bla..."

something else I found funny was that they wouldn't let me take one of their new 2007's out and see if the noise waspresent on those cars as well. "We cannot use one of our new cars for diagnostics purposes" was the crap that the salesguy spewed at me. The funny part was that he immediately turned around and told me thathis dealership was all about customer service, should I wishto do business with them. I about died on the spot.

Grrrrrrrr. [:@]
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
7upstang

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Thay put the same old thunking parts in most likely. The new ones take care of it. I got mine back last night and the thunk is gone. They fixed the air bag thing too. They found a short in a red wire that goes to the driver's (side) airbag. Rubbed through the insulation from moving the seat back and forth.
No. They put theStangsupsension mounts in. I can see them and tell that they are not the same part. It didn't fix it though.

The newFordbracketshave arrivednow , so I just have to make an appointment with the dealer to get them installed.

Fingers crossed.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

My salvation will hopefully be coming this Thursday. The new parts are in - I've seen them and they look exactly the same but the studs are gold instead of silver/green. I'm stoked, guys!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

K i'm having now this annoying noise in my front left suspension, can any1 explain me how can i fix this in few words? rather than reading the entire post ! please i would apreciate it !

[&:]

Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Who is any1 ?

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise