Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?

Ford will not buy back your car.

Oh - actually they will buy it back as a trade on a new/different car but will screw you over royally. Even Carmax will lowball you every time. Take it from someone with experience with this.

Unfortunately the best bet is to sell it privately if possible.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem, but for me ive gotten used to it... My local ford dealership said this to me when I questioned about the noise..

"they will not buy it back unless its a hazzard that will cause an accident or any form of injury to its occupants... "

some dealers are more willing, but thats very rarely youll find a honest dealer.. most of them want ur money one way or another.... but good luck to you, I really wish you can have better luck than I did..
Old 11-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

What does a breaking noise sound like? Driveshafts aren't that complicated. It's quite possible that whatever you are experiencing is normal and in such case they aren't going to buy back anything. Ask to drive another new car to see if it does the same thing. If it is normal then I suggestion taking a longer test drive with your next new car.

My 07 GT made clunking like sounds when shifting from first to second " 5 speed " and other times too. It really bothered me because it seemes like it had bad U joints or a sloppy rear axel. I just couldnt understand why a brand new car would make drivline noises as though it was about to break something!

I was told by severall people this was normal for my car, and after a while I would not notice it any more because I would learn to "drive around" the problem when shifting. This was total BS! I made a point of having my dealer let me drive another brand new GT to see if it makes the same noises, It does. I cant believe it, but I have drivin around the noise so to speak. I allmost never hear it any more, and its just because I got used to the clutch finally and I just space my shifts better.

I am a truck driver and have been for 30 years, I have shifted my share of gears believe me. And it still was not any help in learning the Mustangs way. If this is the only problem your having with the car, and I totally understand your rationall for being pissed, maybe try to just drive it the way it wants, as dumb as that sounds. I sure love my GT!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:38 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

If you get a replacement instead of a refund, you don't have to pay for the mileage (at least here in NC). And you can keep your current loan - they just change the VIN number on the loan. You'd only pay the difference in MSRP if any. I speak from experience.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

This thread is very funny - Ford "buying back your car"? Are you really serious????

They must, however, try to make every reasonable effort to correct any problems or defects until you are satisfied as long as it is under warranty.

Keep fighting the good fight - we will all benefit from your efforts. Keep us informed.

Old 11-24-2006, 06:44 PM
BelleGT06

ORIGINAL: stangster06

Ford will not buy back your car.

Oh - actually they will buy it back as a trade on a new/different car but will screw you over royally. Even Carmax will lowball you every time. Take it from someone with experience with this.

Unfortunately the best bet is to sell it privately if possible.
Actually, Ford does buy back cars. It really depends on the state you live in, but I worked at a Ford Dealership for about 10 Months in 2005 and we got used cars all the time that were ford buybacks. They came with large packets detailing all the service info, why ford purchased the car back, and what they "supposedly" did to fix this problem. We had to go over all this paperwork with prospective buyers.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:12 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I feel sorry for the thread starter, I hope everything works out. I 've got to say I haven't heard many say that they don't want these cars, I've had no problem with mine and I love it. I can say that you have to do whats best for you.
GOOD LUCK
Old 11-24-2006, 07:16 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JGT

I'm not too well versed in the lemon laws, but if this crap persists, that may be your answer.
It varies from state to state, however, generally speaking if you experience the SAME problem more than 3 times within the first year than it will be classified as a "lemon" forcing the dealership to take it back. (I'm not too sure if you will be compensated for the payments you already made, but you will be able to get out of that car now.)
Old 11-24-2006, 07:45 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

:::::UPDATE:::::

Alright, so I got the car back two days later, after they installed two clams to support. I drove it last night, AND still it was making the same damn noise. I went in this morning, talked to some people and they got the head person involved. I drove with him, he heard it and they gave me another rental.

Five hours later, they called me and said they ordered a new transmission and a new clutch. I have to bring back the car on weds. I hope this will fix it, if not, I will call Ford and declare a lemon. This will be my fifth time back in for the same thing

I'll let you guys know what happens, thanks for support and help
Old 11-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

You might want to read the lemon law material that was supplied with your vehicle. You don't "...declare a lemon," you invoke the lemon law. I did so successfully on a Ford in 1994 and recovered all my money (including all interest paid on the loan). More recently manufacturers have taken the stance the customer is responsible for paying for the miles driven. In your case, that wouldn't cost you too very much. In mine, it would have been a killer.

It sounds to me, though, that you are fortunate in one respect here - the dealer seems to be really trying to fix your problem. A great many aren't so lucky.

Quick Reply: I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?