Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie Here

Welcome to the forum !...

[IMG]local://upfiles/31319/9A7FE9994FF04977AC8B9A17E1570240.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2006, 11:32 AM
AirborneCZ
2nd Gear Member

MT!

and Steeda power pack including CAI, predator & UDPs set
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

Manual tranny all the way!!!! I too have the C&L/SCT Tuner on my list and hope to be ordering in the next week (my xmas present to myself!!). Im like you, not dumping a ton of money so I will be finished when I add the C&L/SCT/LT Headers. Already have the wheels/tires, axle-back exhaust and lowering springs. Anything else will be just because I can

Good luck with your future stang, you will get a lot of great information from these forum members, they are awesome!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Welcome! I say for your first mods go with an intake, tuner and exhaust. There are a ton a parts out there and it becomes addicting... post pics of the new ride when you get it
Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Welcome, and good job picking intake and tune as the first mod. The C&L and SCT combo from Brenspeed is very nice, and the JLT is another big intake. The only differences really are the materials used to make them, the C&L is an all aluminum tube (they also have a plastic version for "Race" applications), and the JLT is plastic. Other mods Id consider for performance would be gears, cmcv delete, alum 1 pc driveshaft, and a few suspension mods to keep your feet on the ground.

Manual or Auto is a big debate and it really depends on what you want. It doesnt sound like you want it to be a track car, but if it was going to be then Id suggest auto. This auto is GREATLY improved from the last model Mustangs and is amazing once tuned with stiffer shift points. I have an auto and love this thing.. but then again mine will eventually be a track car. However if you already know how to drive stick and youre just looking for a fun car with good power, Id go manual. Theyre more fun to drive, more control ect..

BTW, "ttt" is To The Top... its used to bump threads up on the list.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
KenMan911

Thanks for all the great replies guys! I am really excited to join a group of such knowledgeable owners!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Go with the manual!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:45 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Welcome, and good job picking intake and tune as the first mod. The C&L and SCT combo from Brenspeed is very nice, and the JLT is another big intake. The only differences really are the materials used to make them, the C&L is an all aluminum tube (they also have a plastic version for "Race" applications), and the JLT is plastic. Other mods Id consider for performance would be gears, cmcv delete, alum 1 pc driveshaft, and a few suspension mods to keep your feet on the ground.

Manual or Auto is a big debate and it really depends on what you want. It doesnt sound like you want it to be a track car, but if it was going to be then Id suggest auto. This auto is GREATLY improved from the last model Mustangs and is amazing once tuned with stiffer shift points. I have an auto and love this thing.. but then again mine will eventually be a track car. However if you already know how to drive stick and youre just looking for a fun car with good power, Id go manual. Theyre more fun to drive, more control ect..

BTW, "ttt" is To The Top... its used to bump threads up on the list.
Yup, a good tune and CAI will wake up an automatic quite nicely. I have a 5-spd also (gave the vert to my wife), and it IS fun to drive. I recommend that you drive them both before deciding.

Welcome to MF too!!!