Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Bold Moves Street Racing PS2 Game

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Bold Moves Street Racing PS2 Game

I was going to post this in the off topic section, but it does apply to Mustangs so I put it here.
Has anyone tried the new PS2 game listed in the subject line?
I just got it the other day and it is a blast. I have the other PS2 game that just called Mustangs where you can drive the 05 GT and the 05 concept car, but I got this one since it not only has the 05 Mustang GT, but the 07 Shelby GT500, the Ford GT and the 04 F150 Lightning. My son just unlocked the Shelby and I'm cracking up because the first thing he said is "this thing has too much power!". The thing plows into the corners more than the Mustang GT just like the real thing...of course he also hit 170 mph going into thes corners...but it's a thing of beauty to watch it drift in the corners if you do it right. The game also has a 70 Boss 302, Boss 429, 68 Mustang, Mustang GTR (big huge wing on the back), Gran Torino, Focus and the Fiesta (yeah the fiesta, but it's fast once it gets going and handles good). The Lightning handles like, well like a truck...it plows like crazy, but it has awesome power, spinning the tires off the line and lays down serious rubber on the 1/2 shift. The other cool thing about this game is that in team mode you can use your team mates to draft (hit the draft button when he's in front of you and it's like a nitrous boost, then he drafts back off of you...you keep doing it back and forth and you pull way ahead). You call also use your team mates to block other teams by hitting the block button and you can also switch between your car and your team mates cars. It's also fun hitting the mail boxes and newspaper boxes downtown since they will be in the middle of the road when you come back around. The graphics are standard PS2 stuff and the audio isn't the greatest, but it's a blast to drive these beasts even if it's only a game.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:01 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Bold Moves Street Racing PS2 Game

Lol funny you say that man i just bought it a few weeks ago .... i havnt played it too much i just unlocked the mustang gt but it is fun i kinda screwed myself because i bought and resold too many cars thinking it was going to help me ...... but it is fun not too hard to play for some reason i cant beat any of the challenges.

Im act about to get on that and try to unlock the cobra R now that you mentioned it .... its a cool game wish they would make a game where you started with a stock base then could race to buy upgrades and stuff .... make it kinda realistic with like cai ... all the way up to twin turbo ....

Thatd b a lot of fun and if they could make a game with like straight drag where you had to hit certain controls to launch perfectly then shift all your gears perfectly to get a good time .... Maybe we should write playstation a letter lol .

But your right it is a lot of fun and kinda realistic because some of the cars handle like **** and some handle good and the more damage you get the harder it is to drive it ,,, i hate to say it but ive had the most success with the focus its easy to control and has quite a bit of pep ... i was playing around with the GTR on the quick race mode or whatever and your son is right the higher up you get the harder they are to control because they have so much power you cant get it to full throttle.