Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Competitive Racing in 07'?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default Anyone Competitive Racing in 07'?

I am attempting to set-up the car for the 9.60 index in PSCA. I am also planning on running open comp and/or bracket 1. I have even considered trying to dial in two different boost levels to run the 10.60 index as well.

I am running the Summit Series at Fontanna & Irwindale for 07 in the Pro class.

I will be running in the western stops FFW in Fast Fords class for now. I've heard a rumor they may allow AOD's in the Ultra Stang class this year and if they do, I will definitely run in that instead. (Just so I can compete against JDM..lol)

Anybody else doing anything competitive in 07?[sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 12-20-2006, 10:02 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Competitive Racing in 07'?

No takers over here huh? [8D]

I've started building (sloooowly), but I don't know how much time I am going to get and I certainly won't get too far away from the NE this year... (perhaps a well timed road trip to FL to see family?)

My car list of "todo" is even longer than my work list of "todo" - got a spare car and a garage full of parts piling up though!

I am hoping that I can getting things moving over xmass and at least settle on:
a. displacement/stroke
b. Fe or Al block (leaning Fe for stroke/displacement final HP goal, but in a perfect world would love to say Al)
c. source for a shortblock and heads (yeah, I have read all your drama[:@])

You can pat yourself on the back knowing that you have convinced me to go turbo with this one, if for nothing else the ease of scaling up from 500 to "something much more" without having to break a lot of new ground (all relative of course - I know what I am in for...)

So, the first barrier to competing will be getting competitive The next is that I am staying manual (I like a little challenge). If I can get past all that, I'm getting off my duff and lining up every chance I get next year...