Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

granatelli

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:47 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: granatelli

Ditto exactly what btorlv said. Great product! Performance, sound, milage.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I just purchased a GMS Line Lock kit and was very unhappy with GMS.

GMS (JR) was pushing the line locks on another site I visit and had setup a great deal with one of the vendors. Well I jumped on the deal. Both his website and posts he made not only showed the kit with hard lines, the wording of his posts also led one to believe that it used hard lines.

Well once the kit arrived (dropped shipped from GMS) flex lines were included, not the hard lines pictured or discussed. The vendor that sold them for GMS was even shocked. He called me on the phone even (as he did for the others that purchased them from him).

JR then even had the nerve to come onto the board afterI had posted about the issues and tell us that we should just be happy cause of the deal we got. While the vendor was doing everything to help us, GMS said tuff **** and blew us off, and even told the vendor he was on his own when trying to make things right. His only defense other then it was a good deal was that the instructions on the website show the flex lines and that they have been always like that. My question was how come you can put the correct instructions up but not use the right picture.. ? False advertising all the way...

The Switchincluded with the kit also was not what was shown in the pics posted on his site orhis posts. Some cared but I will be using a customswitchso it does not matter to me.

Dog crap > GMS (JR)in my view.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:26 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I got the cai for money and not wanting to flash it just yet. you can always get it tuned and get even more horsepower. when you put it on you will notice a difference in sound and power. good difference! some people had trouble with a bad lot of mass air connector but they replaced them and worked fine. They are easy toswap out for the stock one if you need to take the car into the dealer. I think it is a great starter mod with potential to get better with a tune.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52614/B9C20B46CAFE4A13ACD346BC45DEF7AB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I try to ONLY buy American made products and I know some of the GMS stuff is Chinese specials. GMS is constantly accused of copyingproducts andhaving them made over seas. I don’t know if he copies designs or not, but there is ALOT of circumstantial evidence.

Also I read way to many *** hat posts by JR on the other forum. I wouldn’t give him by money even if I did think he had a good product simply because I think he is a jerk. He seemingly lied about the size of his CAI, and his line lock kit for 2 off the top of my head examples.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:31 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop
I just purchased a GMS Line Lock kit and was very unhappy with GMS.
+1 Had read a lot of crap about them before hand, but on that deal:
a. still a decent price for the same parts you get from anywhere else...
b. Dyno Joe's rep. was enough for me to ignore GMS's for a moment...

Can't say I was surprised (by GMS), but it just reinforced the "careless at best, dishonest at worst" impression you get from their history...

I'm not going back (to GMS) to find out (if its careless or dishonest), but I will say, I am glad to have run into a vendor like Joe in the process - I'm calling it a WIN!

And I end up with the same parts I would have gotten elsewhere.... All-in-all, it could have ended much worse...
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM
pachary
1st Gear Member

Riven,

I quess you don't buy much stuff as there really ain't much left that is made in the US. If there really is and that's all you buy fine, but unless you do subsistance farming........you are buying in a worldwide economy.

Paul
Old 12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pachary
If there really is and that's all you buy fine, but unless you do subsistance farming........you are buying in a worldwide economy.
This wasn't issue in my case (my issue was misrepresentation of the product specifications), but in previous cases, the issue was that they claimed "made in america" in one form or another when clearly it wasn't...

I certainly don't fault anyone for outsourcing on principle (though I sometimes do on economics, but that is another issue), but if you are attempting to differentiate your product from others on the market (or on the same forum at the same time) with some appealing aspect - say "hard lines" for a line lock vs "braided flex lines", then you better be damn sure that's what you are really selling before you post pictures and write "copy" that claims, insinuates or otherwise leads people to the believe something that isn't true...

In this case GMS was reported to have said that the complaints were just people wanting to bash them every chance they got, but the reality is that one way or another, they have been caught a number of times mis-representing the items they sell... (add mine to the list).

Bottom line, is I think companies should feel free to manufacture the best product they can for the lowest price - but you CANNOT claim it is or does something it isn't... "Anything to make a sale" is not an ethical or legal business practice...

I went into this deal assuming that all the stuff I had read about them was a bit exageratted and now they have earned another disatisfied customer (make that a dozen or so) and put an honest distributor in the akward position of trying to bridge the gap between doing business and selling "GMS style".
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pachary

Riven,

I quess you don't buy much stuff as there really ain't much left that is made in the US. If there really is and that's all you buy fine, but unless you do subsistance farming........you are buying in a worldwide economy.

Paul
When it comes to performance parts you can buy mostly American. You just have to pay more.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
myk02k

My personal experience with GMS products is very positive. So far in the Camaro world they've impressed me especially with their 0 ohm ignition kits. I have their subframe connectors, strut tower brace, & spark plug wires. Soon I'll be getting their lower control arms, panhard rod, & MAF housings as soon as I get EFI Live to tunethe mafmyself. Best of all I have a friend that works at NAPA so I get good pricing.

I have a little thing to say about the international market. I am in college and my major is in political science, but I'm going for an international studies AA on my way to my BA. So farthe classesI've takenrelative to this is international relations, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and international business. Manufacturing employees need just about as much of an education as the guy who flips burgers at McDonalds. Manufacturers are relocating to Mexico and pay $0.14/hr for an equally educatedworkforce they would have payed at $5.15/hr in the U.S. This also brings back the savingsto you as the consumer and enables for the market to work at a comparative advantage. Unless you're too old school to realize it, there are major benefits to be made from international business and NOTHING is made in the USA anymore. Take your Mustang for example, the electronics are probably from Mexico, raw materials gathered from China or Russia, and practically only boxed up so they can get the Made In USA sticker. It's not like I am against supporting American jobs and companies...I drive a Chevy &just bought an HP laptop, but don't believe for once that anything is "Made In USA" anymore. As long as the money supports US companies and the quality is satisfactory, then I'm happy.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

I had the GMS CAI but decided to go a different direction and do a Brenspeed / JLT2.

The difference between the tune/JLT2 set up vs GMS was night and day. I know I could have just swapped the MAF but I decided against it and sold the GMS unit.

If you are concerned about warranties or have minimal cash, I guess the GMS is adecent option.

If you really want your car to come alive, the extra 200 bucks for the JLT etc + tuneis money well spent...The mod bug will biteand its probably cheaper in the long run to wait and doCAI+tune package.

Quick Reply: granatelli