Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

granatelli

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: granatelli

Here on the boards you either love them or hate them. Me, I have the CAI kit (non-polished). I think it does what it says for the money. Have had it 5 months, no issues.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44056/42570C78BC2F499FB215673F555B0EE8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

I had there CAI and 62MM Throttle Body and I had Nothing but problems, first I dynoed the GMS CAI and it was over 16 A/F Super Lean. So I bought the K&N to be Safe, but little power increase. so Eventually I got the JLT II and SCT Tuner. The Throttle Body was a Total POC I sent it back twice, It never worked right. Makes a great Paper Weight.

They said I was Lean because of the 62MM TB (ummm it's there TB, Duh) SO I have not had any luck with GMS.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
mjm2007

I have gotten 3 bad throttle bodies. I'll spare you the long story but I was lied to by J.R., his employee was honest with me then he said his employee should not have said they were having problems. Said mine was just a fluke but came clean later and said everyone was having problems with T-Bodies. Don't know what to believe but he told me 2 totaly different stories. Never will trust J.R Granatelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

I had there CAI and 62MM Throttle Body and I had Nothing but problems, first I dynoed the GMS CAI and it was over 16 A/F Super Lean. So I bought the K&N to be Safe, but little power increase. so Eventually I got the JLT II and SCT Tuner. The Throttle Body was a Total POC I sent it back twice, It never worked right. Makes a great Paper Weight.

They said I was Lean because of the 62MM TB (ummm it's there TB, Duh) SO I have not had any luck with GMS.
Its not completelythe TB, I have the GMS Cai too, had it dyno'd also with BrenSpeed 93 SCT tunes, ran about 15% lean. not bad, but not good either. 16% and higher is engine damaging. Had it all fixed with dyno tuning. some people have dyno'd andthere A/F has eitherbeen good and some have been bad with the GMS Cai. So in my oppinion, No matter what CAI and/or tuner you have or want to have, Dynoing is a must because these carsare so sensitive to A/F ratio changes.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick S

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

Its not completelythe TB, I have the GMS Cai too, had it dyno'd also with BrenSpeed 93 SCT tunes, ran about 15% lean. not bad, but not good either. 16% and higher is engine damaging. Had it all fixed with dyno tuning. some people have dyno'd andthere A/F has eitherbeen good and some have been bad with the GMS Cai. So in my oppinion, No matter what CAI and/or tuner you have or want to have, Dynoing is a must because these carsare so sensitive to A/F ratio changes.
Wow Thats Amaing, you were lean with Brenspeed's tune, they tend to tune rich. I was not using a tuner, I was on a stock tune and just doing a dyno with no tune.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

I have never purchased any products from GMS. But after reading many posts, there is one thing that has always stuck in the back of my mind. It has to do with photographs.

We all know that if anyone of us took a photo of a protyotype product that turned out to be less appealing than aphotograph of the final product - we'd never use it. It's common sense. Why use a photo if it somehowdepicts aproduct that is less in one way or another thanthe actual onea customer would receive if it were purchased?

But if it were the other way around, then what? Would you use a photo ofthe prototype product when indeed the final product was somehow less than the one suggested in the prototype photo? I think it would be wrong to use such a photo, and I think most of us would agree on this point.

Back to GMS. There has been repeated discusion on these forums that the GMS website includes a photo of a product that is inconsistent with the product actually delivered when it is sold. In spite ofrequests [by customers and potential customers] for the photo to be removed from the website or replaced with an accurate photo, GMS's response is that the photo is nothing more than a "prototype" photo, and if you [the buyer] read all the fine print, you'll figure out exactly what you will be getting if you purchase the product.

In my simple way of thinking, I think this tells anyone all they need to know about GMS.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Lots of different experiences out there. Mine has been good. I bought my CAI from lethalperfornance and had the misfortune to get one that had one of the defective chips granatelli had. I called granatelli direct and they fedexed me a replacement unit. It worked like a charm. I'm super pleased with the great improvement in performance, mileage and sound. And if I need to take my stang in for warranty service, I can swap the unit back to stock in ten minutes.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I know some have issues with Granatelli but I base my judgement on actual experience. Other than some minor install problems I am very happy with my GMS CAI. It has increased my cars performance far beyond what I expected to get and it looks good too. I had a good experience when ordering as well.

NOTE: I ordered directly from Granatelli.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:08 PM
LoLO
1st Gear Member

I bought the granatelli CAI4 months ago. Never had any problems. But I then wanted to do more.. so I got a SCT Xcal 2 and a custome dyno tune, still keeping my granatelli CAI. I changed the filter tho, I replaced it with the JLT one cause it's bigger, and it looks better too.

I now have pulleys and 4.10's and it's all working great.. I feel like my car is a beast

Bottom line, if you wanna tune your car, dont get a granatelli, but if you want a good cold air intake without tuning, even if it's only for the time being, you can get the granatelli, and still be able to tune after !!