Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

granatelli

Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Default granatelli

I'm interested in the cold air kit and headers with exhaust from them. Anyone have any previous dealings with them and does anyone know of their quality?
Old 12-20-2006, 12:34 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: granatelli

I have the cold air great product. It made the car come alive can really feel the difference. Also kicked up the mpg by 2. Did not want to retune so i feel i got a lot of bang for the buck,
Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 AM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow, you just opened up a can of worms...

But from personal experience, I have the CAI, and love it. No tune required, looks good, quality is top-notch, and the customer service was amazing.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 AM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Its all downhill from here...........
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I dont see whats so bad about the granatelli i think its a great product one of the best out there..... esp considering it comes with a high quality cai that doesnt need a tune and performs great ..... and if later on down the road you want to add more mods and a tune all you have to do is put the maf back to stock and your ready to go ....

Modding a mustang becomes very very expensive and a lot of us dont have the cash to do everything right away .... so granatelli is great if you want just to have a cai and not further your mods or you want to start off slow because lets face it becomes expensive....

Not including on here but i see a lot of mustangs around town and a lot of 05 06 07s but you hardly see any of those modded the most highly modded ones are your 99s and above then you have yours 5.0s basically because those people have had enough time to gather up their money and take it one step at a time so if you want to do it one step at a time ...... granatelli makes a great product for that
Old 12-20-2006, 02:37 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

I dont see whats so bad about the granatelli i think its a great product one of the best out there..... esp considering it comes with a high quality cai that doesnt need a tune and performs great ..... and if later on down the road you want to add more mods and a tune all you have to do is put the maf back to stock and your ready to go ....

Modding a mustang becomes very very expensive and a lot of us dont have the cash to do everything right away .... so granatelli is great if you want just to have a cai and not further your mods or you want to start off slow because lets face it becomes expensive....

Not including on here but i see a lot of mustangs around town and a lot of 05 06 07s but you hardly see any of those modded the most highly modded ones are your 99s and above then you have yours 5.0s basically because those people have had enough time to gather up their money and take it one step at a time so if you want to do it one step at a time ...... granatelli makes a great product for that
I think that money is certainly a factor for those of us trying to sink money into mods on a car...I also think, however, that it's also that in some cases, people aren't sure if they want to roll the dice on modding the car and invalidating their warranty. I know I'm nervous about putting on a CAI, because the dealers in the area are uptight about any mods.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:50 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I've got the Granatelli and very glad that I do. Makes a change that you can feel, sounds awesome. I don't git on it too much in first, save it for second, yet my Screaming Yellow GT '05 keeps getting a black haze all over the back anyway. I think it is tire dust, anyone think different?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Fast Toys
Banned

We have been selling GMS parts since 1998 and have always felt that they offered great quality and stood behind their products.

Their CAI is great because you don't need custom tuning.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

Do you need to run a higher octane gas with the Granatelli CAI?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

No you still use 87. I carry my stock box in yhe trunk inonly takes about 3-4 min to put it back to stock and 1 10mm bolt..All i know is the car is much more fun to drive now and i can brake the tires loose in first from a 5mph roll.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: granatelli