Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ordered one!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I ordered one!!!

wtf! 2 stangs in one household.....this is more than i can take lol

congrats, hope you like the manual, i sure do

Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: James Cole

So there is no "warehouse" of this cars, they are all on backorder? mmm... if they are selling that well how do you get a good price on them?
Well, maybe I'm lucky, but when I decided to buy one, I went out on Saturday. The first dealer wanted to sell it to me for the sticker price, and I thought I could do better than that. At the second dealer, I got a couple of thousand off the sticker, and bought my grabber orange GT premium off the showroom floor. I drove it home that day.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 AM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

how can u guys complain i ordered mine in august and probably wont see it until february they said it is because of the 18inch rims i ordered were a supply problem ehhh thats like 20 weeks wtf...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Congrats and 6-8 wks is about right for an ordered car!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Tim07GT

ORIGINAL: stangmann

how can u guys complain i ordered mine in august and probably wont see it until february they said it is because of the 18inch rims i ordered were a supply problem ehhh thats like 20 weeks wtf...
I got the same car you ordered off the lot. Come to S. Fl and buy a car. lol
Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

NICE color choice. I ama bit biased myself.

But I have the light graphite interior.

I actually picked mine up off of the lot in the spring. I had a friend at a ford dealer do a search for the car. It was one of only two vista blue stick cars within a 4 hour distance of my house, and one was a demo. eeek.

I just looked again recently for the hell of it. There were very few vista blues around. In the spring I was told that a car ordered in late april would show up late august. And that was about right judging by friends that ordered them equipped like mine with the 18" wheels, stick, etc.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

So do you think there is truly a supply proble with the 18 inch rims or am I getting the run around
ORIGINAL: classj

NICE color choice. I ama bit biased myself.

But I have the light graphite interior.

I actually picked mine up off of the lot in the spring. I had a friend at a ford dealer do a search for the car. It was one of only two vista blue stick cars within a 4 hour distance of my house, and one was a demo. eeek.

I just looked again recently for the hell of it. There were very few vista blues around. In the spring I was told that a car ordered in late april would show up late august. And that was about right judging by friends that ordered them equipped like mine with the 18" wheels, stick, etc.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Stangmann, do you have your vin# yet?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

no the dealer called me this past friday and said it is getting ready to be built. I have the order number and dealer code. I called vopc and they said clean/unscheduled so i dont know what to think. Do you get the vin from vopc or do you have to get it from the dealer. Also what is the next step from clean/unscheduled, Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 01:35 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

heck, I wanted the 18" wheels also, but $800??? So I just ordered mine with the 17" painted wheels, and ordered a set of American Racing Torque Thrust, Cobra series wheels for about the same price. I guess the only downside is I ordered 17x9 wheels. I'll just swap the tires (and pressure sensors) when the car comes in, and sell the stock ones on ebay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I ordered one!!!