Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 shaker 500 -- audio input jack? also how is the skipping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 shaker 500 -- audio input jack? also how is the skipping?

Im not really sure how you plan on getting away with using an X-Plan pin if you do not qualify for the X-plan pricing...

Ford states:
" The New Vehicle Purchase Plan (X-Plan) also known as the Partner Recognition Program, is offered by Ford Motor Company to the employees, retirees and spouses of selected tier 1 suppliers, business partners, fleet partners and special organizations having a unique relationship with the Company.

Two (2) vehicles may be sponsored on the X Plan each calendar year by employees/retirees of eligible partner companies and their spouses. ยท Residents in the same household of the eligible employee/retiree also qualify for the Partner Recognition Program. Driver's licenses' will be required for proof of residence. ยท Vehicles must be titled in the purchaser's name and in their possession or in the name of a business owned by the purchaser. Title must be held in this name for at least six months."

I bought mine on X-plan through Nortel. Seems to me that if you try to represent yourself as an X-plan participant and you dont qualify you may be guilty of fraud.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

well I'm not sure what the specific regulations are, but it seems to me that these are given out on a regular basis to just about anyone that asks, judging by the blueoval forums. If I'm allowed to participate I'll definitely do so!

Thanks embalmer for all your great input
Old 12-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

X-plan pins are available to anyone as long as they are freely given by the person who has them. As a matter of fact, Ford encourages their employees to give out as many X-plans as they have available to earn gifts. My mother in law who holds the plans has already received recognition pins, coolers and a jacket from Ford for being in their "Ambassador's Circle" for using her pins. She has given out two A-plan pins and a few X-plans. Like I said - wait until the car has been delivered, than ask for a PIN. People who give them away don't like it if you wait a long time before using them. If no one has any when the car is available I might be able to get one for you.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Embalmer

X-plan pins are available to anyone as long as they are freely given by the person who has them. As a matter of fact, Ford encourages their employees to give out as many X-plans as they have available to earn gifts. My mother in law who holds the plans has already received recognition pins, coolers and a jacket from Ford for being in their "Ambassador's Circle" for using her pins. She has given out two A-plan pins and a few X-plans. Like I said - wait until the car has been delivered, than ask for a PIN. People who give them away don't like it if you wait a long time before using them. If no one has any when the car is available I might be able to get one for you.
Ford employees are D plan, not X plan... And if youre only allowed 2 X plan pins per year I dont really see how you can just give away as many as you can... This is information posted directly at www.fordpartner.com
Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mike521

anyone have an 07 shaker 500 yet and able to tell us how the skipping is? I'm ordering my mustang with a 500 on the day after xmas with a shaker.

the dealership I'm working with showed me the audio input jack, but they didn't have the appropriate cable to hook up my ipod. Can anyone tell me exactly how it works? does the cable go from the headphones jack of the ipod into the audio input in the center console?

and how bout skipping, have they made any headway there?

Thanks all. By the way, MSRP for the mustang I want is 27,800 -- dealer invoice is 26,100 -- the dealership agreed to sell it to me for invoice. You think that's good, or should I push for more?

thanks all
I have the 500 and have never ever experienced skipping. I have played store bought CDs, burned CDs with Mac formatted music and MP3 music. I don't know who starts these false rumors, some know-it-all with no actual experience I bet. Some say how terrible they sound but I say they have very good sound.

I got my 2007 GT on the x-plan by using my Mustang salesman's PIN and this was in June before production began on the 2007s.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

again thanks a ton embalmer for the info and the offer! I'll be in touch when the time comes, hopefully I get a response at blueoval beforehand
Old 12-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stormbringer

Ford employees are D plan, not X plan... And if youre only allowed 2 X plan pins per year I dont really see how you can just give away as many as you can... This is information posted directly at www.fordpartner.com
Uhhh...

Ford dealership employees and partners use the D-plan. When you work at a dealership, you do not work for Ford - you work for the owner of that dealership. Ford gives special pricing to their dealerships. That plan is slightly above the A/Z in cost ("A" means current employee and " Z" means retired employee) plan cost. What I'm referring to is Ford employees. My father-in-law worked at the Lorain Assembly plant in Ohio for 30 years. Every year Ford gives 4 A-plan pins and X-plan pins to the employee (or in this case, his wife as he is deceased). The A-plan pins are only for direct relatives of the employee by either blood or marriage and cannot be given to anyone outside the family circle. The A-plan will get you 4% below dealer invoice give or take and can be used with any other rebates available. Sometimes Ford will have special rebates that only apply to A/Z plan holders, like $1000 cash voucher from the UAW we get once a year. The X-plan pins given to Ford employees are free to be given out to anyone the employee wishes. This year, Ford increased the number of X-plan pins from 4 to 8 in the hopes of selling more cars. The more pins you give away, the more cars Ford is likely to sell and the more prizes you can get. That is why these people at Blue Oval Forums are so willing to give away their pins. A lot of them took the buyout and will be leaving Ford January 1, so they are trying to give all their X-plans away to get stuff.

I think you are confusing Ford employees and dealership employees.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:39 PM
kiki07gt
1st Gear Member

I have had no problems at all with my Shaker 500 - I usually keep 6 CD's loaded all the time - burned at home, at work, factory CD's. Have run my sister's I-Pod, my step daughters I-Pod Nano, and my XM Radio thru the audio jack in the console and have had no problems other than the XM seems to come thru at a somewhat lower volume. I got the cable at Circuit City for $15. Am thinking of having the XM hardwired in - had it prior to the car - why pay for Sirus too...
Old 12-25-2006, 09:46 PM
fredbunkie

Hi,
I have a 2007 with aux. jack on the center console. I have no sound when I switch to the aux input on the radio, with an Ipod plugged in.I would appreciate any help. I wonder if it is a problem with the car, or I'm doing something wrong, such as using the wrong cable.The car has a Shaker 1000 system.
Thanks for your help.