Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHITE LEATHER ?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WHITE LEATHER ?????

Where did you do to get a quote? I see you in NJ , i am in NY, so i have been looking to do a 2 tone in my car..

I gotta price today, for all WHITE LEATHER INTERIOR, including the doors, came out to $1800, notta "mod" that makes her faster, but, a lot prettier, and 1 of a kind.
WHAT do y'all think ? I can get it 2-toned, Red / White, that's another $400 bux (more labor)
I just wish FORD had a white leather option........... JMO
[/quote]
Old 12-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yes, they probably don't offer it because a LOT of Mustand drivers wear blue jeans and they will rub off and stain the seats! A slacker I know ruined his light beige seats in his Nissan because he doesn't even own anything else. I saw a great Volkwagen vert beetle at the car show with bright white leather seats, and they even warned people, "Wear khakis"!
Personally, I think the 2-tone seats are great, but what's best is just ordering the Deluxe Mustang and then buying aftermarket seats, in matching body color.
And I really gotta question the financial decision of someone who spends $1800 replacing perfectly good "leather" seats! Put it in a Roth IRA for Pete's sake!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

...Just driving with the windows open in the summer for a few saturdays will cover the interior in grime.

[/align][/align]Amen to that!![:@] It's so bad that I hate to drive with the windows down. Not that I don't want the "fresh" air, it's that I can't stand that stinky grime that gets all over the seats, dash, windows, my face, etc.! I don't like running the A/C because of the power loss when the compressor kicks in. You never know when you'll end up in an impromptu speed competition.There's no time to be fumbling around trying to get at that Tic-Tac they used for an A/C button![/align][/align]Plus with the windows up, I can't enjoy the exhaust sounds as much. The classic catch-22, the "can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs."[&o][/align]
Old 12-22-2006, 02:05 PM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

are the seats easy to remove
Old 12-22-2006, 02:06 PM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

I would like to put white or black strip in the middle and i was quoted 1500 but it included stiching my stang logo on all 4 seats

Old 12-22-2006, 02:17 PM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, but white is made for pimps and Cadillac’s. JMO
Old 12-22-2006, 02:30 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Two tone is still the way to go. So what if it gets dirty, it gives you more reason to spend time cleaning her and making her bitch slap the Ricers with their Sparco racing seats taht they got so they can do their 20 second 1/4 mile!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

If I was ordering again I'd consider ordering cloth and doing white leather. (but then again, not a daily driver) I would try to get it as close to OE profile so some unknowing folkswould think it was factory and scratch their heads, thinking "gee 1st white interior I've seen on the stang." I don't see Ford going there; lucky to have the parchment. I would have loved to see a real OE red interior, fully red as back in the day with carpet, doorpanel, even dash. WOWW!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:24 AM
lovefords

I have had several cars with a pure white interior - Mustang, Lincoln, Thunderbird, Falcon - I don't remember any problems with the material - (leather or vinyl) being difficult to keep clean. In 1966 there at least 7 or 8 white interiors for Thunderbird alone, with a rainbow of coordinating carpet/dash/console. The door panels on white interior-ed Ford products were always white back then. The big Fords and Mercurys looked even bigger inside when they had a white interior. I recently sold a '75 Thunderbird that was "triple white" - (red carpets,belts,dash) and the seats were fine even after 30 years of use. Right now I have a '90 Mustang Convertible, with white and scarlet interior, it also looks fine. I think the perception is that white gets dirty, but after detailing thousands of cars I know that black,blue, aqua, gray, or whatever gets just as dirty.To me,a slightly soiled white interior that is 1 in 100 looks better than a new sand, pebble, slate, earthen or other calminterior.

The Build & Price section of www.ford.com clearly shows a pure white interior when you click on "black and dove" - all white, snow white seats with black side panels and console. This is not the case in real life of course. When I went to order this interior, I was scolded by the Ford dealer. So I have to re-think my color choices for my '07.

John Rotella
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

White could look nice but thats a ton of money for the seats --- it's going to be hard to clean man. If you do it then post pics so that we can all see it.