Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Worst Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Worst Nightmare

ORIGINAL: Stewart

until later on I get a call saying someone backed into my car while the a technician was moving it.
that is dealer code words for: THEY hit something...my *** someone "backed into it"...
they even sort of told you it's their fault...but not really, by saying..."SOMEONE backed into my car WHILE the tech was moving it"

the tech was having fun, got stupid, and hit something...plain and simple.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:26 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

the last place I'd expect my car to get in an accident is the freakin dealership
huh????
That's the first place Ifigure mine will get hit.The employeesat these dealerships move cars around like maniacs. If I see them driving any car w/o care I go complaining (done that a couple times). Needless to say I don'tmake anyfriends at dealerships but it really pisses me off, they don't give a $hit about the car you take such care with.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:09 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I would insist on a rent car while they get it fixed. All personal liability policies include the rental on a car while your car is being repaired. I would think the dealer would extend the same thing to you. It will be a downer to have to drive a Neon or something to school, but at least you'll have a car.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

All personal liability policies include the rental on a car while your car is being repaired.
Allstate doesn't unless you add rental car on your policy.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:29 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

All personal liability policies include the rental on a car while your car is being repaired.
Rental when your car is involved in a collision, yeah. Rental when your car is in for repair??????? I had my 2000 Mits Galant in for 80k timing belt, water pump, coil replacement (motor had a light skip in it). The shop is a Honda Acura specialty shop that I have had my Hondas serviced at for years. Theowner has an Accord that you can take for $12 a day and I used it for two days (took over a day to get the Mits coil). Is someone telling me there is insurance for this, just as if my stang is in for two days for warranty work? I don't think this exists. I do work for an auto ins company but in the technology area so I'm not abusiness expert. I can ask next week or even search on the net but this is news to me.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:37 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Rental when your car is involved in a collision, yeah. Rental when your car is in for repair??????? I had my 2000 Mits Galant in for 80k timing belt, water pump, coil replacement (motor had a light skip in it). The shop is a Honda Acura specialty shop that I have had my Hondas serviced at for years. Theowner has an Accord that you can take for $12 a day and I used it for two days (took over a day to get the Mits coil). Is someone telling me there is insurance for this, just as if my stang is in for two days for warranty work? I don't think this exists. I do work for an auto ins company but in the technology area so I'm not abusiness expert. I can ask next week or even search on the net but this is news to me.
Okay, you guys got me on that. Shouldn't have said "all". I don't think most dealers will give you a rental car while your car has warranty work. Some will, though. But my point is that the dealer has an obligation to make up his loss, part of which is the use of his car. And it doesn't hurt to ask. They may say no, but they may also say yes, especially if he explains his situation. It costs nothing to ask.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:33 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Live with it Stew, concentrate on good grades, and a great start to the 2nd semester/quarter. If going back to classes "Mustangless" is an issue in your life, then, you haven't a "life".
GROW-UP take control, and please quit whiiiiiiiiiing. You will be BETTER person, IF, you grow up JMO
Old 12-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, well didn't mean to come off as whining, I think it was a somewhat justifiable anger but anyways thanks for the comments.

I just picked it up today all is well, sort of. It wasn't the tech's fault, someone backed into him, and I'll get the police report soon. I ended up just paying the dealership to get going on it, otherwise it would be another 2 weeks before an insurance claim guy would be out to look at it. It ended up only being 580 for the whole thing which isn't too bad, I figure not enough for the other guy to go his insurance about. So I'm counting on the fact he'll just write me a check, since the insurance sure as hell wont come look at it in LA and even more sure wont settle a claim in my favor after the car has been driven 2500 miles from the scene of the accident. Anyways it's fixed, I'm happy for now and I love the Tokicos that are now on there.

As a side note the new driveshaft made a difference but I think these stock driveshafts just aren't meant to be spun that fast, ie. after 4.10's spining at 90 + mph. So I'll go in and get it balanced. Reassuring thought so now I know it's not my whole rear end.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

O also just for anyone who might have an issue in the realm of insurance it's very clear cut that even though the dealership may be in posession of your vehicle you sign away their liability when you agree to leave it for work. Meaning their insurance doesn't deal with it, so in my case it's my insurance vs. the guy who hit my car, or if it were the tech driving it would still be my insurance who would have to cover damage to the car.