Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They found the leak!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
clearym
2nd Gear Member

Default They found the leak!

To make a long story short, I had the notorious passenger side leak, brought it in to the dealer, they farmed out the leak repair to a company called Williams in Langhorne, PA. I'm happy with the way they're handling it since I've been talking directly with Williams. The dealergave me a free rental (I've had it 3 days now).

Williams says its a body seem at the junction of the pillar, dask, windshield & passenger door. They said they patched it with silicone first and thenundercoating spray. They're waiting for is to dry and then they're going to do another water test.

I'll let everybody know if it works over the coming weeks.

I didn't bother adding this to the other leak thread because it is just too damn long already.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: They found the leak!

Hey there is some good news congrats to you, but did he say if the seem was broken or there had just been a space there for the water to get though?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

very nice. please post pics if/when you can, of the
newly sealed area.....thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

So it's not the grommet or wiring hole or anything it's actually on the frame? Holy hell!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I completely drinch my car when I wash it and it has never leaked. I would think they would all leak, but who knows.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clearym

To make a long story short, I had the notorious passenger side leak, brought it in to the dealer, they farmed out the leak repair to a company called Williams in Langhorne, PA. I'm happy with the way they're handling it since I've been talking directly with Williams. The dealergave me a free rental (I've had it 3 days now).

Williams says its a body seem at the junction of the pillar, dask, windshield & passenger door. They said they patched it with silicone first and thenundercoating spray. They're waiting for is to dry and then they're going to do another water test.

I'll let everybody know if it works over the coming weeks.

I didn't bother adding this to the other leak thread because it is just too damn long already.
You should post this in the other "leak" thread because others are compiling a list of leaks and fixes as well as VIN numbers to help with a TSB.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:38 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

clearym ... Would you mind sending (PM or post here)me the name of the Ford dealership that farmed this job out for you? I would like to be able to look up their contact info and give it to my dealership when I take my car back for this issue on Tuesday.

I'd sure appreciate it if you could. My dealership (which soon may be my ex-dealership for service) should now be willing to start looking at all options. The 2nd time they attempted to fix this, my service rep told me that the "director" himself performed all the water testing and such. If that's the best they got, then they need to start consulting others.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:48 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: celenztah

clearym ... Would you mind sending (PM or post here)me the name of the Ford dealership that farmed this job out for you? I would like to be able to look up their contact info and give it to my dealership when I take my car back for this issue on Tuesday.

I'd sure appreciate it if you could. My dealership (which soon may be my ex-dealership for service) should now be willing to start looking at all options. The 2nd time they attempted to fix this, my service rep told me that the "director" himself performed all the water testing and such. If that's the best they got, then they need to start consulting others.
Hehe, the "director", huh? Is that like saying, "my boss' boss"? If so, I'm not exactly sure that he's the right guy for doing that work...my boss' boss doesn't know **** about what I do on a day to day basis .
Old 12-30-2006, 05:17 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Keep us posted...
Old 12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

So it's not the grommet or wiring hole or anything it's actually on the frame? Holy hell!
Why are you waiting til late 2007 for your stang?? Around here, there are several on the dealer lots! I had mine ordered but that was b/c you couldnt find one anywhere the summer of 2005...sorry to get off track here................