Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:58 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??

I'm sure planning on getting a CAI & tune one of these days- but have decided to wait till my warranty runs out because of the MANY threads here on MF about CEL's coming on and "throwing codes", etc.
That kind of talk scares the CRAP out of me because I'm really unmechanical and can't fix anything myself, and my Ford service manager put the Fear of God into me about adding any mods (told me LOADS of Stangs were coming in for problems with their CAI's and tunes- and made a point of telling me that their warranties were ALL VOIDED.....;-(
Old 12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

let the computer relearn your driving.
are you serious? is technology that good? do i need to reset the brain after my wife drives??? LOL
the brain isn't as sophisticated as you might think but this throttle-by-wire crap isn't helpful.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:00 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

xbone: what is a GTech.....?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

What 07AlloyGT is saying is that you have the option of disconnecting the battery and teaching the car again because the car learns your habbits as you seem to know already so if you drive it slower because you are forced to by traffic as you say then the computer is going to retard the power as per your driving style. Thats the down side to having a car controlled by a computers brain.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:37 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for explaining that Stone- but unless I move to a different location without a gazillion retirement villiages, I guess the computer would just re-program itself the same way wouldn't it...?
(every time I drive back home to Whiting, I turn to my wife and say: "we are now entering The Land of The Living Dead").
Old 12-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

I would venture to say that your just getting used to your car Bro.My car is in the low 12s & it seems slow to me sometimes!Its just all in the head,LOL!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Norse1974: I'm happy to hear you say that too- I'm sure you guys must be right about it only "seeming" a bit slower cause I'm used to it now!
Maybe I should rent a "Geo" or some other similar piece of crap for a few days just to re-set MY "computer"....;-)
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 PM
pigmie
1st Gear Member

if you really want to feel fast again, then drive a honda civic for a week and then get back into your stang
Old 12-31-2006, 06:20 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone

What 07AlloyGT is saying is that you have the option of disconnecting the battery and teaching the car again because the car learns your habbits as you seem to know already so if you drive it slower because you are forced to by traffic as you say then the computer is going to retard the power as per your driving style. Thats the down side to having a car controlled by a computers brain.
I've seen a number of postsclaiming the computer adapts/learns as you drive. Is any documentation on this? If I spend most of my time in city driving should I be resetting my computer every week?
Old 12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

well pigmie, my VERY first car (WAY, way back in 1967), was a used VW beetle vert, so a honda civic probably feels like a freakin' porsche turbo compared to that...;-)
yep, it's all relative I suppose...........

Quick Reply: Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??