Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??

GT Newbie your welcome and I know you already know what I am saying but what I ment was your stuck with the retarded gramma driving because of the conditions your stuck driving in and the only way to not be is to reset it and get your power back for a little in tell the chip learns again and retards it again thats all.

2007GT/CS Yes it's called Spanish Oaks it's the brain in the mustang and basic brake down is this the computer learns your driving habbits over a number of miles I belive it's 100 maybe more but not more then 500 to my recolection anyway if you drive like a gramma in city traffic the chip will retard some of your settings to give you better millage and if you drive it like you stole it the chip will give you all the power it can, hope that helps you out alittle do some looking around I know theres a few threads around Drivetrain Performance in the sub-forums of the 4.6L sectioin might be a place to start looking.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

No problem Bro.Yeah, I bet if you get a GEO or Civic for a week you would be frothing at the mouth to get back into your Stang!LOL!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:35 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Or you could do what I do--have a 2001 Expedition with 131,000 miles as your second vehicle. Love the truck, but it does make me remember how much fun it is to drive the car.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 AM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

even better you could have a 2001 f-150 with 240,000 miles as your second vehicle like me
Old 01-01-2007, 02:53 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

94 F150 with 187,000
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

My second car (which I'm keeping for rain & snow days) is a 1994 Olds 88 LS (V-6 with 170 h.p and 107,000 miles.)- which I USED to consider rather "peppy" until I got my stang GT, but which now seems lumbering and sluggish, so I know what you mean!
The only thing that had me a bit worried about the stang was that I distinctly remember the "kick in the ***" I got the first few times I mashed it, and it just SEEMED that this "kick" was slightly less now- but I'm almost certain that it's cause I simply got USED to it like some of you guys suggested.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Google G Tech, its a dash mounted performance meter
Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Volguus

GT Newbie, when you say "Whiting" do you mean NJ? It sounds like it, lol. My mom retired there recently and evenSHE complains about the old slow drivers! Sad thing is, there's some great driving road in the area but as soon as the seniors go in for the evening, the deer come out. [:@]

But then again, Englishtown's pretty close.

- K -
Old 01-01-2007, 04:46 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Volguus: yep, good OLD Whiting, New Joisey, or, as my wife & I call it:
"The Land of the Living Dead"......;-)
There are indeed some GREAT driving roads around here- but like your mom said- JUST as the seniors are finally retiring for the evening (usually around sunset...), the deer come out to play, so it's more or less always dangerous to be on the road here....;-(

p.s. Did your mom also tell you about the way they brake for GREEN lights here, or ALWAYS drive way under the speed limit- but even slower than usual whenever there's a double-yellow line?
How about weaving all over the road (either across the centerline, or into the shoulder (either because they're half-blind and/or wearing cataract glasses, or took too many- or not enough- of their meds)?
Or howabout their favorite local "sport": lurkng at a sidestreet hundreds or yards in the distance, then suddenly pulling out R I G H T in front of you at the very LAST second, then "accellerating" slower than a Galapagos tortoise all the way up to the next green light until it turns red again.......
Driving around the parking lot at the Whiting shopping center is probably almost as dangerous as a tour of duty in Kabul, Baghdad or Fallujah, and it's absolutely terrifying to see some of these folks shuffle out of the supermarket with their walkers & canes & cataract glasses- then awkwardly climb behind the wheel (a painful process to watch and one that, in itself, can take up to 10 full minutes...), then backing out without EVER looking to see who might be behind them.
Oh, woe is me.........!
Old 01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I dunno, I feel the same way you do, but, (I feel like others do.) It's the "getting used to it" feeling. I had my baby out today, and felt she didn't accelerate like she used to, I looked at the speedo and she was doin' 120 mph. So [sm=exactly.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=smiley2.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]
But, I agree, I don't feel that "shove me back in the seat" feeling anymore.

Quick Reply: Getting SLOWER after breaking-in, or....??