Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not impressed with tuner UPDATE!! LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Not impressed with tuner UPDATE!! LOOK

Glad to hear the tune worked out.
Sorry about the shaft.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Get some drive shaft loops...they could save your life in the case of that rare, journeying piece of exploded ds debris going into the cabin...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

So what is the normal GT shaft rated at if the 6 is only 115. I will probably be changing mine soon anyway but I am jsut curiuos.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

This is scaring the crap out of me....First of all I just got my Brenspeed tuner in the mail and I hope to god that it givesme more power or ill be callin him up. I will go to a dyno shop eventually though. Second of all...I have an 05 stock drive shaft and I really don't want that thing to explode! AH!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

This is scaring the crap out of me....First of all I just got my Brenspeed tuner in the mail and I hope to god that it givesme more power or ill be callin him up. I will go to a dyno shop eventually though. Second of all...I have an 05 stock drive shaft and I really don't want that thing to explode! AH!
Keep it under 115 and you should be fine... LOL!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

grbrorng07, have you contacted Brenspeed yet? I would be very curious to find out what his side of this is? Since there is a problem with the tune, he should stand behind his product and make it right with you. Please let us know. Thanks-
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

I contacted them VIA email but have not called them. The return email said someone will get back with me. The bad thing is that the shop that tuned it for me also sold the SCT. If i would have known that I would not have went through brenspeed. I am not mad at anyone. I am just glad someone was able to fix the problem for me.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

My original plan was to order my C&L and SCT from Brenspeed but a good friend of ours is a local SCT distributor and custom tuner so he hooked us up "good" with the SCT so all I had to do order was the C&L. I did not have any problem getting my part and have heard nothing but good about Brent at Brenspeed.

The more I read your post, the more I feel better aboutletting our friend custom tune my SCT. He got his lap top out and away he went. My car is running great and the plan is to get it on the dyno so he can perfect the tuning (when he has some down time). Thanks for sharing your story
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Well i am glad to see you were able to get some good numbers in the custom tune. But would really like to see why Brent's tune was only giving you 2HP and no trans adjustments at all. This does not sound like one of Brent's tunes and maybe something mistakenly got overlooked or a file did not get loaded into the SCT properly. Also hearing about the drive shaft is very unsettling and I am glad no one was injured. Sounds like to me that the Powerhouse Drive shaft is now a must have upgrade.

Richard
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I also am very curious to hear what Brenspeed has to say. I was one of those who wasn't quite sure what was going on, as my Brenspeed tunes seem to work very well. Makes me wonder, though, if I could get a few more ponies out of my tunes if I bring her to get dyno tuned? Then again, maybe I'll just suck it up and wait til March when I go to get my turbo!!!!!

Quick Reply: Not impressed with tuner UPDATE!! LOOK