Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why "blacking-out" license plates on photos??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why "blacking-out" license plates on photos??

ORIGINAL: Archion

if you know the right procedures you can go to dmv and get registration info on anyones license plate, some states even do it online. All my stuff is protected by S&W and Colt soI dont usually worry about it.
The heck with guns, I'm married, anybody crazy enough to wake my wife up gets what they deserve!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nathansdad04

You might want to do some research before you claim that we are being paranoid. Many many stories of people's identity being stolen with just basic info on a person. Think about it...you **** someone off by flying by them, they report you on their cell and you end up with a cop on your butt or at your doorstep for reckless driving.
I've seen a few stories about people posting their crimes(reckless driving etc) on the web and it was used as evidence at trial. One story that comes to mind was a vid of a Ferarri doing 180mph down the interstate(camera was mounted just above his steering wheel)....police heard about the video..they did some digging and found the guy and charged/convicted him using his posts/video.
There's no doubt in my mind that there are 'lurkers' here that could cause problems for the members. JMO
a video might be another thing... however if i was called into court and charged with something cause of a racing story... id laugh...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:54 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

Kinda stupid... no court is going to hold someone responsible for a story taken off the internet... I raced last night, ran 500 stop lights, and stole a lawn gnome... did that really happen?!? Hmm.... Same goes for the dealer looking for reasons to void warranties... Riiiiiight I believe that...
Dude.... that was mine... give it back... [8D]
Old 01-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nathansdad04

You might want to do some research before you claim that we are being paranoid. Many many stories of people's identity being stolen with just basic info on a person. Think about it...you **** someone off by flying by them, they report you on their cell and you end up with a cop on your butt or at your doorstep for reckless driving.
I've seen a few stories about people posting their crimes(reckless driving etc) on the web and it was used as evidence at trial. One story that comes to mind was a vid of a Ferarri doing 180mph down the interstate(camera was mounted just above his steering wheel)....police heard about the video..they did some digging and found the guy and charged/convicted him using his posts/video.
There's no doubt in my mind that there are 'lurkers' here that could cause problems for the members. JMO
Yeah, and there's stories about rednecks being picked up by aliens in UFO's and getting anally probed too! Don't tell me you believe those, too? Let someone call the cops for me speeding. If I am at home and not actually seen by the cops, there's nothing that can be done. Kind of like heresay evidence in court.