Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackice = Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:07 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Blackice = Wreck

ORIGINAL: nothsa

It doesn't say that it's painted though is what i'm worried about. I know you choose a color etc and it says take off but i'm just paranoid. What do you think? I might order it tonight.

-Jeff
actually i thought about that too but i asked this on another forum "needed tungesten grey bumper" and a member posted that link.. aslo, if it wouldn't be painted, they wouldn't put there color options..IMO.. well, i sent them e-mail about it.. they must be painted man.. i wanna order tonite too.. because 250 bucks shipped is hell of a good deal..
Old 01-10-2007, 01:14 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Try diversified marketing on ebay or v6mustangstuff.com or saleen or hillbank motorsports. They all sell take off gt parts and come prepainted. Normally come in perfect condition
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

It doesn't say that it's painted though is what i'm worried about. I know you choose a color etc and it says take off but i'm just paranoid. What do you think? I might order it tonight.

-Jeff
actually i thought about that too but i asked this on another forum "needed tungesten grey bumper" and a member posted that link.. aslo, if it wouldn't be painted, they wouldn't put there color options..IMO.. well, i sent them e-mail about it.. they must be painted man.. i wanna order tonite too.. because 250 bucks shipped is hell of a good deal..

New takeoff is diversified marketing. Yes it is prepainted. Thats where i got my rear bumper. They have a really nice warehouse her ein ca and everything there is perfect condition. Ive heard of the ones coming out of their indiana warehouse being scratched up a bit so if you can get it from california do it!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Ogden ave...that sounds REALLY familiar...in what town???
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

ORIGINAL: doodad

-Jeff

New takeoff is diversified marketing. Yes it is prepainted. Thats where i got my rear bumper. They have a really nice warehouse her ein ca and everything there is perfect condition. Ive heard of the ones coming out of their indiana warehouse being scratched up a bit so if you can get it from california do it!
so, how about the color match.. if i order one from them tungesten grey, will the color match perfectly and it is noticeable that it is not original bumper cover?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:12 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I would assume it's a perfect color match or I would be pissed... When I order, it better not be scratched when it gets here...

-Jeff
Old 01-10-2007, 02:19 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

I would assume it's a perfect color match or I would be pissed... When I order, it better not be scratched when it gets here...

-Jeff
dude, don't worry go ahead and buy it.. i just got informations about them.. they are pulling bumpers out of a brand new 05-07 mustang GT.. so the bumper is all original and the paint is all original..

I JUST BOUGHT A TUNGESTEN GREY ONE
Old 01-10-2007, 02:22 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm going to place my order in the PM tomorrow after two checks clear.

-Jeff
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

New bumper arrived today.. damn, they shipped in 2 days! they took this bumper off of a brand new tungesten grey mustang GT.. so i dont have to worry about color match and paint quality.. also my car has 16k miles on but the paint is spotless like day one!
here are a few pics:

Also i bought intake cover (i kinda liked the way they look)

i am not sure if i can remove and install the bumper bymyself.. wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
sarNz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

Oof...this thread makes me never want to see Winter here in MA (and so far this year, we haven't ). Glad to hear you're able to take it all in stride. Sh*t Happens. At least it was at really low speeds.

hellz yeah, no plowing slipping or shoveling this year!

sucks about the front bumper, i was expecting another "I was only going 89 when I hit black ice. Do I need new tires?" post

Quick Reply: Blackice = Wreck