Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am having post-speeding regrets...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I am having post-speeding regrets...

I read in The Detroit FreePress recently that it is illegal to use cameras to issue tickets in Michigan. An officer must witness the offense and issue the ticket. There are many cameras used to monitor traffic in Michigan but none are known to be used for traffic enforcement.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Well a camera catching a license plate @ 140 is impressive. So assuming they even caught the tag, I would guess it would be around 7-10 business days to process it just like everything else and a few days to mail it, so 2 weeks isnt far off. Im not sure what the fine points would be, it would depend on the charge... if its just a really hefty speeding ticket then its whatever your ticket points are, but if they tacked on aggressive driving, reckless driving, etc then it could hurt you. Not sure about SC, but here in Florida if you go, something like double the speed limit (I think it is, it might be like 40 over or some crap), then they will arrest you. I would imagine if they knew you were doing 140 they might come and arrest you as well as suspend your license...

BTW, before you try something like that again... do yourself a favor and buy a can of this. http://www.backstreetinline.com/photoblocker/

And you can see most all red light cameras.. theyre usually mounted on the vertical part of the light pole, and aimed at the back end of the intersection, or on another pole just before the intersection.

I don't know about other states, but I know that here in California, they're required to put up notification of you approaching a Photo Enforced traffic light within a certain distance. Now, if you don't see the sign, that's your own fault.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

You dont get points for those. They cant prove who was driving the car at the time. You just get a fine, and at max it is $525. This is for MD at least, but i cant see getting any points in any state.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:51 AM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-OW...elated&search=

Top Gear to the rescue!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haulupki

In Arizona they just put some camerason a major loop around Phoenix/Scottsdale area. The camera also gets a picture of you driving the car and a dam good one. My buddy in another Mustang GT got nailed twicewithinminutes. They put them about5 miles apart from each other on the same road. His cruise control was set at 85 and he never flinched at the flashes.He gotthe two finesin the mail includingpictures of his ugly mug driving at the timelol.

Another funny story about the same cameras. One dude put on a gorrilla mask and flew by every night making them go off. Well one nighta cop saw him aproaching with the mask on, and pulled him over. But they did it before he got to the cameras. They could notprove it was actually him doing it every night. He got some fine but he was never busted for the prior instances.
I was out in Scottsdale 2 years ago when they first brought the cameras online for the trial, and I remember driving back from Barrett-Jackson to Chandler, and seeing the flashes on the other side of the road. My mom was in the car and went, "Whoa! Where's the red light camera? Or are they doing it for speed now?"

And I had to tell her what it was, because the news had JUST talked about it that morning.

Anyway, back on topic...The whole thing with the speeding and possible speed cameras - If you don't want a ticket, don't do 140 mph. We all know that everyone speeds here and there, and the cops know it, too...But there's a big difference between 5-10 mph over the speed limit and 140 mph.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:47 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Well a camera catching a license plate @ 140 is impressive. So assuming they even caught the tag, I would guess it would be around 7-10 business days to process it just like everything else and a few days to mail it, so 2 weeks isnt far off. Im not sure what the fine points would be, it would depend on the charge... if its just a really hefty speeding ticket then its whatever your ticket points are, but if they tacked on aggressive driving, reckless driving, etc then it could hurt you. Not sure about SC, but here in Florida if you go, something like double the speed limit (I think it is, it might be like 40 over or some crap), then they will arrest you. I would imagine if they knew you were doing 140 they might come and arrest you as well as suspend your license...

BTW, before you try something like that again... do yourself a favor and buy a can of this. http://www.backstreetinline.com/photoblocker/

And you can see most all red light cameras.. theyre usually mounted on the vertical part of the light pole, and aimed at the back end of the intersection, or on another pole just before the intersection.

i used to live a few miles away from that intersection... that is in CA right?
Old 02-03-2007, 05:29 AM
jpeng16990
1st Gear Member

JT, what part of SC man, Ive lived in Columbia most of my life and I can honestly say ive never seen or heard of I77, I20, I26 or any other interstate there having cameras. I know in the city they have cameras but its for the stations like WIS and WLTX to show traffic jams.

ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

Yea, So I am going down I26 today, and I thought that I would just have a little fun. And mind you, there was virtually No One around, because that is just selfish if you go fast and risk other people too. Anyways, I got up around 140, and let off, and while I was getting on the ramp...I remember that I am pretty sure that this little strip of interstate has cameras...

So how long does it usually take for them to get your ticket in the mail? And what do you think the fine and points will be? And can they suspend your license for a mail in ticket?

And to keep this on topic, Any cures for horrible hood shake at 140?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:03 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Well its been a while, and no ticket, so I guess I am off the hook.

Also, Jpeng, I am in Spartanburg.