Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk about the "Mustang Ego"

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default Lets talk about the "Mustang Ego"

I nearly threw up reading this thread:

https://mustangforums.com/m_2578729/tm.htm

I don't know where to begin...some of those guys are totally wrong. It seems like if you drive a mustang, dosen't matter if it's not a V8, it's immediately superior to anything else. Where does this Mustang ego come from? It makes a lot of people here totally blind to reality.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lets talk about the "Mustang Ego"

What I don't get is when a V6 owner puts a GT takeoff kit on his car, and everybody says it is awesome, yet if a Honda owner ever put a fake Type-R badge on his car they would immediately call him a ricer...
Old 01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

if you look at what they are using to weight the data (see attached)
http://home.comcast.net/~swieduwilt0...erformance.xls

then you will see that price vs performance vs weight is what they look at.
they do not incluse looks and heratage as a factor.

One of many calculation worksheets I have..
Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

What I don't get is when a V6 owner puts a GT takeoff kit on his car, and everybody says it is awesome, yet if a Honda owner ever put a fake Type-R badge on his car they would immediately call him a ricer...
I agree with you. I think it's very ricey when people try to make their v6 mustangs look like a GT if you want a GT then get a GT if not then don't make you're car something its not.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Ahhh, yes... the badge thing. It all comes down to personal taste. I don't have a problem with someone putting Cobra or GT badges on their V6. It's their car, let them do what they want. It's not like they are misrepresenting the car on a sale or anything.

That being said, I think its hilarious.
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I know its bad but i think its your car you should be able to do what you want with it ..... some people like cars for looks, some like they for speed, some just get em to get chicks, and many other reason. But you should be able to do what you want with your car... yes it is posing a bit but who cares they paid for it so they can do what they want with it....

Some people are a little arrogant and think just because they have a mustang or civic or supra they can beat anything on the road, the fact of the matter is no matter what you do, somebody is going to be faster.
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

I think it comes from the following (just guessing):

1. When people spend a large amount of money on a car, the last thing they want to see is someone that has a better car, so they convince themselves that theirs is the best in their mind, no matter what.
2. Some people can't seem to comprehend the difference between fact and opinion, so the result is that if they think that their car is superior because they like it more than all the other cars, that makes it "better", and no amount of factual information to the contrary will make them consider otherwise.
3. Some people are just car-racists. Okay, maybe car-stereotypical is the correct made-up term. The foreign car guys will say their stuff is better than the domestic car guys will say their stuff is better. This kind of ties into #1. It's no different than Democrats vs. Republicans; there are those that hate the other side just because it's "the other side".

That said, I'm probably guilty of some of this, too. I can't honestly say I've never rolled up to a riced out Honda at a light and not thought, "Hondas are crap. What an idiot", because I probably have. On the other hand, I tend not to react the same way when I come up to a non-riced Honda waiting at a light, minding their own business, because I generally also mind my own business. Everyone's entitled to their own car, with their own personal modifications, but they shouldn't be entitled to be reckless, obnoxious, etc.

Less stereotyping, more respect, courtesy, etc, could probably go a long way, in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:34 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

The same goes for saleen and roush....IMO you want one go buy one .$.02
ORIGINAL: sw07gt

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

I agree with you. I think it's very ricey when people try to make their v6 mustangs look like a GT if you want a GT then get a GT if not then don't make you're car something its not.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

another good example is the people who put shelby badges on there gt. I have to much repect to do that. There is always a faster car out there and no matter what you have you will want something else. Its the nature of beast. Once you start you just cant stop.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:58 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

WE'RE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN.