Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have blown there a/t with a blower

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How many have blown there a/t with a blower

ORIGINAL: mail906

Sometimes I read some of the posts from the "I can't believe he/she did that people" or the"I do not want to jepardize my warranty people"; andit's sickening. If you do not want to modify your vehicle - that is fine. However, you do not have to justify your reasoning every chance you get.

Sophisticated high speed vehiclesdid not evolve from a forum like this or from a textbook. It all has to do with someone trying something that no one else had ever done previously. Like dropping a Cadillac engine in a 1932 Ford back in the 1940's [i.e. the beginning of hot rodding]. When someone did this - they were not thinking that maybe they should wait to determine if their rear end could mathematically handle the increased torque that would be developed. No, they did it - learned - and went on.

So, if you are someone who has modified your vehicle - kudos to you. Whether it was a good mod or a bad mod [or God forbid - a mod that you have not completely thought out to the satisfaction of some other forum here]; you've done something more than simply type another post to some web forum.

Sorry for the rant. [For the record, I am someone who has not modified his vehicle. Yet.]
Dear Mail906,

When you're ready to start modifying, call me and we'll talk...

Since your car is a 2007, I would not modify for at least one year (just in case something goes wrong, it's ustill nder warranty)...

But after that, most of the "so called" bugs are out of the car and it's your choice whether to mod or not...

After you start going to car shows and seeing what other Mustang owners have done to their cars, you will get the itch to mod...

Trust me!!!

Dave
Old 01-21-2007, 02:44 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Sorry for the rant
No need to apologize...rant away, it'san internet forum.
I bought the mustang with very specific goals. I learn from most other posts, whether the posters'mustang goals are the same, similar or quite dissimilar. I get specific withdetailsand my track goalsto get feedback from others who have been there, done that etc and are often doing it better. I get respones (sometimes in a post, sometimes a pm) that offer advice and often disagree with my setup and offer a better way. This is good.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: discofan

... Mail906 ... when you're ready to start modifying, call me and we'll talk...
Dave - thanks. Believe me I've got the urge. I am planning forced induction, and I have been monitoring all of the Whipple, Saleen and KB forums to make my choice.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:07 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

From everything Ive read and been told (not just from people on the forums but from actual tuners and mechanics) the stock auto should be able to sustain a good bit more torque than the stock manual before it crumbles.