Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Default Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

I was on the interstate going home from work today and i was in the left lane doing about 75 - 80. Next thing i know i have a new Corvette behind me riding my ***! I can understand if i'm doing 60 and holding up the fast lane but i wasn't. I was going plenty fast and he was the only one that apparently wanted me out of the way. It kinda made me mad and made me want to see what this thing could do. Also i felt compelled to show that this ain't no puppy and i wouldn't be intimidated so i said...f-it! I downshifted and took off! I'm sure i caught him by surprise because it took him a second to realize what i've done. So now i see him keeping up with me. We both are about the same speed at this point. He waited for an open right lane and moved into it. I see him start to pull ahead but not enough to take me at this point. There was traffic ahead in his lane and he was going to pass me but i wasn't going to let him. He was going to have to prove to me he was worthy and he failed. I kept it floored and was able to have enough speed to keep him from passing me. Now to his credit, if this had been a road with no traffic then he would've taken me. He was slowly passing me but just didn't have enough time to do it. Now at this point we slow down to pass traffic. After we passed all the traffic we take off again. At this point he's in front of me and now i'm playing catch-up. So i glance in my rearview mirror and what do i see? A white BMW 350i trying to have fun with us. Failing to try would be more acurate. We both left that thing in the dust. Good times though!

I don't know exactly what model Vette it was but it was the latest body style. It was a nice looking car! I know he had the power to take me because i had it floored and he was moving up on me. Like i said he just didn't have enough time to take me. If only i was supercharged! [&o]

Oh and this of course was sometime after seeing a cop in his Charger waiting on the side of the road to bust someone! (thanks to my V1 for the heads up! lol)
Old 01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Blue Oval Bandit

Default RE: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

I've had the pleasure of racing 3 C6's so far and had fun each time.

Normally Vette owners won't even play, and if they do they are normally middle aged guys or gals who are friendly about winning or losing. The 1st one I raced was back when my car was brand new and stock... I was able to pace him. The 2nd was after a couple of mods and I pulled him fairly steadily.

The 3rd really wanted to win, and I was as modded as I am currently. We played on the interstate and from a 50mph cruise we hit it and I pulled right away. He did keep up until we hit about 90 and I was pulling away again. He stayed in it though probably because he assumed my big ole brick didn't have a top end... well once we hit 155 or so he realized I still had some left in me and he backed off.

We pulled over a few exits up and chatted. Nice guy who's only mod was an intake and exhaust setup. Those Vettes are nice. Now if I see a Z06 I know better... I would play just to see how close I could come, but I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll kill one.

Sounds like you had fun out there. Must have felt nice to keep up with him so well in the GT!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Yes it did feel nice. I was proud of my stang tonight! I wish i could've done the same with this guy and talked to him and see what model Vette he had. Unfortunately he took another highway and i had to get home. I have a lot of respect for Vette's. They've always been one of my favorite cars.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
CGCSMike

Hey Blue Oval Bandit, I went from a Magnum to a CS/GT. Were you on the LXForums? What was your handle?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Blue Oval Bandit

Nice to see you. I'm still very active over there under "Bandit". That handle was already taken here

My SRT8 is up for sale if you know anyone who wants it. If you spent a lot of time over there you probably know my car. Mine became a custom BETA car for SRT Engineering. I have it listed in the buy/sell area over there currently.

What was your handle over there?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:44 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this had me cracking up......very nicely done

"There was traffic ahead in his lane and he was going to pass me but i
wasn't going to let him. He was going to have to prove to me he was
worthy and he failed."
Old 01-27-2007, 12:54 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Cool man! I was just out and I saw a new black Z06......that thing is a beast.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 AM
CGCSMike

Bandit,
I was mikoazca, but I do remember you. I wasn't all that active, had only 700 posts in a year.
Mike
Old 01-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

If it was a Z06 it would have blown the stang away.....................
I have a 2006 Stang GT and tried to take a acura off while we were moving but he would not let me in front on him.....
If you were going to race the Vette in a 1/4 mile,i would think the vette would kick your butt..People think while they are moving means anything,,,But it does not mean much at allllllllll......Only way is to race the 1/4 mile and thats itttttt............JT
Old 01-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Oval Bandit

I've had the pleasure of racing 3 C6's so far and had fun each time.

Normally Vette owners won't even play, and if they do they are normally middle aged guys or gals who are friendly about winning or losing. The 1st one I raced was back when my car was brand new and stock... I was able to pace him. The 2nd was after a couple of mods and I pulled him fairly steadily.

The 3rd really wanted to win, and I was as modded as I am currently. We played on the interstate and from a 50mph cruise we hit it and I pulled right away. He did keep up until we hit about 90 and I was pulling away again. He stayed in it though probably because he assumed my big ole brick didn't have a top end... well once we hit 155 or so he realized I still had some left in me and he backed off.

We pulled over a few exits up and chatted. Nice guy who's only mod was an intake and exhaust setup. Those Vettes are nice. Now if I see a Z06 I know better... I would play just to see how close I could come, but I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll kill one.

Sounds like you had fun out there. Must have felt nice to keep up with him so well in the GT!
What are your mods?

Quick Reply: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight