Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W H Y ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:25 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: W H Y ! ! !

nothing is cooler than the look on a ricer's face when they hear my engine roar lol and its only a v6 now lol but i plan to throw in a 302 boss and hopefully get 500+ hp
Old 02-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

lmao.....it's all good dude. And judging by your mods....not that average car is going to beat you man
Old 02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

With rear tires correctly inflated (and not MTs)and cold street surfaces, my car makes for a lousy street racer...I save it for the track. It's almost alwaysanother mustang though that wants to play.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

seems to happen allot here in Tampa area....but honestly....I just let them do their thing and let them go home and tell their friends, mommy and daddy how they just smoked a mustang.....once in a blue moon I will oblige light to light....without any tracffic around....thats about it....heck I get it from other stangs as well....everyday some mustang owner or camaro owner etc....feels it necessary to push in their clutch or in neutral their tranny and rev the **** out of their car.....I usually make it a point to not even look there way and drive as I did before the encounter....why??is it cause I am scared....nope...just a lil more mature and confident at what I Can do with my car. plus sometimes it is kind of funny when someone does that and I drive down the road and see one of florida's finest has that same car pulled over....oops....alebit I ahve been tempted and just those rare instances I just play a little.... as you can read in another post I had posted today about a dodge magnum Hemi srt...who just would not leave well enough alone
Old 02-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

I only really raced once on the street and that was against a sn95 stang within a week of when I bought my car
it was close but fun
at that time I hadn't been muchover 100mph so I didn't keep it floored
Old 02-04-2007, 05:52 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

I only "engage" cars I think are superior.

No fun in fights that aren't fair.

And I'm the one who pays for my tires!

Ruf -
Old 02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

A little arrogant of you, don't you think?
1) As Arwing pointed out, Mustang GT's are not that fast.
2) Illegal street racing generally requires at least 2 morons, not just one,
3) Quick operation of a manual trans requires some operator skill, and driving a mustang GT doesn't automatically mean that you have any. I've seen plenty of people choke when shifting.

4) If you "know" that your car will win the race, then who's dumber? The slower challenger or the supposedly superior car that accepts the challenger. It's not like you are racing for pinks....you are racing for a quick thrill....

5) If I had the chance to line up against a Z06, and I decided that I was going to be a member of the moron street racers club for the next few seconds, why wouldn't I give it a run? Sure I would lose unless Mr. Z06 loses his way to second gear (though he may only need first gear tobeat me). The slower car has less to lose than the faster one (again, in the street racer world).
Well said!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Same here, no one tries, then again, if they are trying, i guess i'm not getting the hint. when i lived in panama city Fl, if you sneezed at a redlight, they took off trying to race you. here, either they don't care or know they'll get slaughtered, i've even passed by all the SRT's that dodge makes, 04 Cobra, and new ZO6's and nothing, but o'well. original tires on my stang and probably about80 % tread left all the way around.