Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W H Y ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:12 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Default W H Y ! ! !

I may get some funny posts on this one but can some one PLEASE tell me why, would you try to race a car against a Mustang GT( that buy the way sounds mean as hell on the road )when you know you have no chance in hell beating it. I can't remember all of them but I have been provoked by so many ricers it's not funny. Some examples are 2004+ altima 3.5, 1990something eclipse, Nissan sentra unknown year, some yellow thing that sounded like a cross between a dirtbike and a lawn mower, and a new charger with the BIG 3.5 HO v6 as labled on the car. I just find it funny that nobody with a comp. vehicle has approached yet. I am not looking for a race but never turn down an invatation. I was thinking that maybe my White GT just looks slow or I live around a bunch of morons.[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: W H Y ! ! !

I think I was provoked by a sportrac tonight.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
blitzed589
2nd Gear Member

okay...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:31 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

take it as a compliment! they really like the back end of the mustang and they want to get another look at it!

i had a guy race me in a mid-90's cadillac from a red light... please...

maybe they just want to see our cars in action. can't blame 'em for that!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

for the same reason mustangs like to play with
cool cars, like corvettes

ORIGINAL: GTJUNKIE

I may get some funny posts on this one but can some one PLEASE tell me why, would you try to race a car against a Mustang GT( that buy the way sounds mean as hell on the road )when you know you have no chance in hell beating it. I can't remember all of them but I have been provoked by so many ricers it's not funny. Some examples are 2004+ altima 3.5, 1990something eclipse, Nissan sentra unknown year, some yellow thing that sounded like a cross between a dirtbike and a lawn mower, and a new charger with the BIG 3.5 HO v6 as labled on the car. I just find it funny that nobody with a comp. vehicle has approached yet. I am not looking for a race but never turn down an invatation. I was thinking that maybe my White GT just looks slow or I live around a bunch of morons.[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

I dont know if this makes any sense, but perhaps your thought on having a white mustang is accurate. I drive an automatic, red and white stang that I think looks aggressive as hell and NO ONE has challenged me at all in the 3 months ive had the car. mmmmmm...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...g/DSCI0002.jpg

PXDIG

Quit looking at the bunny
Old 02-03-2007, 10:44 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I think you must keep running into masochists who just want to get their asses whipped.........?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Ive been revved on and teased by a lifted dodge 2500disel truck.... lic plated says hes from wyoming, i live in cali
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Last summer I had some guy in a Honda pull up next to me at a red light, revving his engine like a madman and looking over at me. Naturally it was no contest and he didn't stand a chance. At the next light he pulls up again and is back to the revving. People like him are just a glutton for punishment.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Weather or not they are looking for a beating or just want to play Im gonna have fun but it is starting to cost me tires. You got to pay to play they say. I just wish I could get a kill worth talking about. I'm still hunting and will be until.........On the note of mustangs playing with vettes I dont make a habit to start a fight I know I can't win. Maybe when I'm charged I'll play with one but not until. I'm a sore looser.[sm=gears.gif]