Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My gas station experience....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My gas station experience....

ORIGINAL: xbone

Next time pour gas on the Vette and throw a match. Love the smell of fiberglass in the morning.

+1

Well x-bone, I'm glad we can finally agree on SOMETHING......![sm=signs007.gif]
Old 02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dior85

yeah they did replace it...but they made it 100% WORSE. I called them today and they pretty much told me to go **** myself.
May i ask what year mustang you have? Is the problem fixed for 07? What's up with Ford service?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Well I had my tank replaced last week. I filled it up twice with NO PROBLEM. Today I'm at Chevron, ITS WORSE THEN BEFORE!!! A guy in a Corvette pulls up in front of me, fills his tank......im still standing there and I only had about 4 gallons in and its clicking on and off.The guy looks over and is smiling. He starts laughing and says "That is why you stay away from FORD" he gets back into his corvette and speeds off. im stuck there for another 10 mins. This problem is so ridiculous!

let me tell ya something, it worked for me, never got the tank replaced but i removed the gas cap made by ford and put an autozone one with the lockin kit and the problem stop immediately after i changed, now how cool is that, my other option before that was to hold the gun upside down because it would work, but then again i was doin it here, for some reason ppl cant pump their own gas in NJ so gay!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Next time pour gas on the Vette and throw a match. Love the smell of fiberglass in the morning.
...except they're not made of fiberglass anymore. ...but I get your point!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Which gas cap did you get? I'd like to get a locking one, but have no idea which one I need.

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

Well I had my tank replaced last week. I filled it up twice with NO PROBLEM. Today I'm at Chevron, ITS WORSE THEN BEFORE!!! A guy in a Corvette pulls up in front of me, fills his tank......im still standing there and I only had about 4 gallons in and its clicking on and off.The guy looks over and is smiling. He starts laughing and says "That is why you stay away from FORD" he gets back into his corvette and speeds off. im stuck there for another 10 mins. This problem is so ridiculous!

let me tell ya something, it worked for me, never got the tank replaced but i removed the gas cap made by ford and put an autozone one with the lockin kit and the problem stop immediately after i changed, now how cool is that, my other option before that was to hold the gun upside down because it would work, but then again i was doin it here, for some reason ppl cant pump their own gas in NJ so gay!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

let me tell ya something, it worked for me, never got the tank replaced but i removed the gas cap made by ford and put an autozone one with the lockin kit and the problem stop immediately after i changed, . . .
I too would like to know what model or part number that is from AutoZone. I'd like to give it a try.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

let me tell ya something, it worked for me, never got the tank replaced but i removed the gas cap made by ford and put an autozone one with the lockin kit and the problem stop immediately after i changed, . . .
I too would like to know what model or part number that is from AutoZone. I'd like to give it a try.
well i threw out the wrapper but it was a standard lockin gas cap that they had, all i did was ask for it, probably the only one they carry but i'll check tomorrow with daylight to see the part number or model
Old 02-10-2007, 08:00 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: spooky

hearing about that guy in the Corvette makes me angry. i will now fantasize about him speeding off in his Corvette and rear ending a police car. ahh, that's better.
haha just adjust it in your mind lol.

funny if you were packing a KB and he didn't know it. then you blew his doors off. EL OH EL
LOL what is gonna happen if it was already 2008 and the Corvette z06 SS was already out. SC from the factory holy ****. There is a guy around here that has a stock 06 z06 with a 300 shot pulling some ridiculous #'s. Yet again you can't drive that POS without the bumper getting stuck in every street bump or corner.

Andrew
Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Another gas tank problem...dang Ford..what are you doing to us Stang lovers?.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:11 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Dont bother buying a locking gas cap. Any percieved benefit is purely coincidental. The cap has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with fuel flowing into the tank. You may want to consider adjusting the filler neck a bit to reduce the amount of uphill climb the fuel must take on its way to the tank. Loosen the retaining bracket that holds the metal tube to the body. Pull down on the metal tube and re-tighten the bracket. This should put a bit of slack in the rubber hose, so loosen the worm clamp and slide the rubber hose further onto the metal tube. Retighten and test. If you have the revised tank, no EVAP system restrictions, no filler neck restrictions and you do this adjustment - any issues filling at that point are not able to be helped.

Quick Reply: My gas station experience....