Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold the stang and got this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sold the stang and got this!!!

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: Black GT

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Who cares what they are called, they are all MUSTANGS built on the MUSTANG platform.

Ford Mustang SVT Cobras (03/04) built on the SN95 platform and new Shelby GT500s built on the S197 platform.
yeah but, there are TON of different mustangs and all mustangs are not the same. they are different than each other! 03/04 cobras are Sn95s but not beefed up Sn95 GTs, they were buiilt totally different than a GT.

Using that logic you can also say GTs are not beefed up V-6s, but built totally different than V-6s. So whats your point? I didn't say theywere a beefed up anything. I'm saying they are based on one platform (SN95) and new Mustangs are based on a different platform (S197). Two totally different animals. What you're doing is comparing the top SN95 to the mid-level S197. When compared to the top S197 (GT500) the S197 comes out ahead (you said it is the best Mustang ever) and it is made on a S197 platform.
oh dude.. please take a look at the thread again and see who was comparing Sn95 to S197. yeah GT500 best stang ever now but the arguement started me dumping my 06 S197 GT for a cobra and talking how cobra is a kickass ride, etc. so when we use S197 word here on this thread, we are talking about the GT not the GT500 because i dumped a GT over a cobra!!! we are comparing the 03/04 cobra vs. 05+ stang GT
Ok man, thanks for making it clear that GT500s are excluded in your comparisons. I know at first you compared your newly aquired Cobra to your GT, then it went from that to its so much better than S197s. Just keeping it in perspective.

Edit: I still think its kind of silly to compare the top SN95 to a mid level S197. Kind of like buying a 03/04 GT and telling everyone how much better it is than a 05+ V6 Stang because its faster. It may be faster, but the 05+ V6 is based on a different platform and has other advantages over the 03/04. It appears the basis of your arguements are focused on speed/accelleration. That is just one factor of the whole picture, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
POSIE

COBRA>GT! BLOWER>NO BLOWER! 390HP>NOT 390! T56>5SPEED! SVT>GT! FAST>NOT FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP UP! 6 SPEED>JUNK 5 SPEED! SVT PERFORMANCE.COM>MUSTANGFORUMS! RARE COBRA>TO MANY GT'S! MOST COBRA'S ARE BAD AS HELL>JUST A GT! FORGED INTERNALS>JUNK INTERNALS! WE NOWE'RE BAD>WANNA BEES!
GET THE PICTURE??????
THOUGHT SO!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

One word for that post

Troll
Old 02-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

Doodad, you did good! I was looking for just that kind of car before I decided to trade in my 03 V6 to get the 07 GT. I'd still be looking to get an 03/04 Cobra if I could afford both Mustangs. I've owned plenty of Mustangs, including an 01 Cobra vert, so I know the differecnes between the two platforms. There are pros and cons for both, but I'm going to get dragged through that debate. From what I've read, that beatenhorse is already dead. Regardless what others who have posted here say, you've got a great car! I love the color... other than the competition orange, it's one of the rarest colors for those cars. Nice find! Congrats!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Good for you and your 03 Cobra! Are you 18 years old or just rude. Please go hang on the Cobra forums and you guys can pat each other on the back about your four valves and IRS.I come to this forum to talk about S197 Mustangs.
You have a used SN-95 Cobra. I am really glad you like it. Why are you on this forum arguing with everyone on how great it is? Go impress somebody else.
I really dont care if someone's Cobrahas 900 HP or not. If you could not afford to mod your S197, then I guess you will never mod your Cobra to 900 HP either.
Not everyone is so impressed with the 03-04 Cobras. They are just not as good looking as the S197 Mustangs. That you cannot change that fact.
The 03/04 Cobra may be faster in stock form but there are many modified S197 GTs that will make yourSN-95 look slow!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Good for you and your 03 Cobra! Are you 18 years old or just rude. Please go hang on the Cobra forums and you guys can pat each other on the back about your four valves and IRS.I come to this forum to talk about S197 Mustangs.
You have a used SN-95 Cobra. I am really glad you like it. Why are you on this forum arguing with everyone on how great it is? Go impress somebody else.
I really dont care if someone's Cobrahas 900 HP or not. If you could not afford to mod your S197, then I guess you will never mod your Cobra to 900 HP either.
Not everyone is so impressed with the 03-04 Cobras. They are just not as good looking as the S197 Mustangs. That you cannot change that fact.
The 03/04 Cobra may be faster in stock form but there are many modified S197 GTs that will make yourSN-95 look slow!
listen kid! i have been on this forum before you prolly knew what forum was. and by the way, yeah i am 18 year old, any problem with that? go to cobra forums?? who the hell you think you are telling me go to cobra forums? about looks, hey kid, it is personal preference and i think S197 cannot beat the look of terminators.. so respect my opinion about looks and i will espect yours.. you said that i f couldn't afford modding S197, i can't afford to mod cobra 900hp either. First of all, i am not looking for 900hp. second of all, only pulley,intake, tune i am 450rwhp! and that is less than 1000 bucks. and i can well afford to get exhaust, pulley, intake, tune, wheels, tires, etc. yes there are many 4 cylinder ricers will make those modded S197 look slow either.. it all depends how deep your pocket is. but if you got a limited low budget, cobra gives you the best bang for the buck! now go read some more and come back.. i will be waiting for you!

i am telling my opinions about cobra vs. S197. yuo don't have to agree with me, i owned both and i say cobra > S197 even with looks! you say S197 >cobra and i don't care, at the end of the day, truth is truth.. some people might not like the cobras and they would prefer S197 or other cars.. like many people switched from S197 to 350z. they didn't like the S197 and swithched it. and i can post you guys 10 different members who switched from S197 to terminator and they swear they would never go back!

and another thing is, all these kids talking sh*t about terminators probably never gotten a ride in a terminator before

if you wanna fight with me about s197 vs. cobra, BRING IT ON!!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I am not a kid.
I have children older (and wiser) than you.
Glad you like your car now please go away!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing
Guys, we are on the same team
LOL. I like both cars..

The 03-04 blown Cobras (Terminators) are light, fast, and handle fairly well. But since they're based on a platform that dates back to '79, there are some limitations as to how well they can handle. The IRS went a long way to addressing that, though. Since Ford made about 19,000+ of them between '03 and '04, you can get a nice used one for a deal (check one out at: http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=5898.)

The '05-'07 Mustang (S197) is on another level entirely in terms of its platform and handling capabilities. But since it's priced about $10k less (new), it has a less powerful engine. I'm guessing you could find a used '05 GT and throw a blower and some suspension work into it and get yourself a very fast car with incredible handling for around $25k.

Now, can't we all get along? Let's go bash on ricers for a while...
Old 02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
2004svtL

ORIGINAL: Ringo01

I
A friend of mine has a supercharged Mach 1 with 500rwhp,

Yes, it's way faster than my car... but it's no where near as nice.

jealous because it is black?

Anyways, doodad, nice termninator you got there.

Quick Reply: Sold the stang and got this!!!