Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold the stang and got this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Newfrance6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sold the stang and got this!!!

I can't believe the immaturity here. Doodad just shared the fact he'd changed from an s197 to a cobra. Next thing you've got everyone arguing about which ride is better and how cobras are ugly pieces of **** and s197s are slow as hell. Bl1nkage and Lak3rs, whether you like it or not, the cobra is way faster than our cars. It's a quantifiable fact. The things the s197 have are much better interiors and looks. Looks are subjective and cannot be measured. Some people loved the new edge look and didn't like the whole retro thing. Others love the s197s. Some love both (i do).
Oh and Lak3rs, i can name a bunch of Civics that's make your car look like a pig. The BS about modding this and that and swapping motors etc is nonsense. Put a supsersonic jet engine on the back of a minivan and run the 1/4 mile in 5s. That's just idiotic. The point is, the cobra has way more potential. Changing internals, swapping engines isn't minor cheap work. You're essentially changing a car entirely once you swap trannys engines rods etc... That's why the modding debate is completely pointless. You always have to compare stock cars to appreciate the real value.
So as i've said for a daily driver i'd rather have an 05. For the drag strip a cobra is hands down better.
I love my beefed up v6!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I wonder if the F-body and mopar guys hate on each other like we do here? I love all generations of mustangs and find it flattering that our GTsare compared to mach 1s and cobras. Wheres the love people. Both cars have there obvious strong points.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Ok well, think what you want. No use anymore. My whole point had nothing to do with cars that were stock, it was the fact that if you ever wanted to push your car to its maximum capabilities.... a move from an s197 to an sn95 is the wrong direction.

BTW, just for the record, I never said a cobra wasnt faster than an s197. Im definately not jealous because some guy bought a cobra... If I really wanted a cobra I would have bought one instead of my s197, however I opted for more room to build on a better platform (in a new, more comfortable, better looking car). Its worthless to state my opinion and facts in here, the BS is too thick. And Ill be going back and deleting my posts, and I would appreciate if you edited your posts that contain quotes of me.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

this is my first commentthe dayi bought the terminator (check the first post and you will see)

"this thing is a lot faster than s197 but s197 is better quality car.."

it was newer, better interior, better shifter location, more interior room and pretty good looking car. it was not that fast would make you smile. i have gotten thumbs up while driving my S197 but i have owned my terminator 1 week now and i have gotten a lot more thumbs up than i had with my S197. as i mentioned before, you will get more attention with S197 on the streets, on the mall parking lots. people love new stangs. but you will get whole a lot more thumbs up with terminator in car world.

this must be the 10th time i am saying, each has its own goodies and bad parts. and again, everybody chill out, i bought a mustang!!

anyway, i am happy with this ride.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

This has gotten out of hand. The man just bought a Mustang and a Cobra at that. We should all be congratulating Doodad, not crucifying him. I think that he'll have a great time with his car.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Anyone who thinks the S197 is a better platform to mod on is ****ing dumb. Let's give an owner of each $5000 and see who's car is faster. And to the guy who was talking about heavily modded S197's beating a stock cobra ... well duh. I love the Shelby GT500 too but to those who think it will rape the Terminator they run the same 1/4 time.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Jesus, someone close this thread already. Bunch of whiney ****-ants. Leave the guy alone.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

Anyone who thinks the S197 is a better platform to mod on is ****ing dumb. Let's give an owner of each $5000 and see who's car is faster. And to the guy who was talking about heavily modded S197's beating a stock cobra ... well duh. I love the Shelby GT500 too but to those who think it will rape the Terminator they run the same 1/4 time.
Once again, the one and only thing mentioned when comparing platforms is speed.

One car is faster than another, soit hasa better overall platform based on only that one aspect, right? Wrong!

There is a lot more to a vehicle's platform than how fast it can go.

If it is soley based on speed then why not buy a fast motorcycle that can rape any Cobra? It must be a better platform if it can go faster.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Ok well I'm sure that with the IRS if it doesn't already handle better it could be made to handle better pretty easily. If you like the looks and the handling and speed is better I don't see how the terminator wouldn't be the better platform to mod.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Just now getting to this!!! congrats dude. We expect killer ET's you know. Very exciting stuff.

Quick Reply: Sold the stang and got this!!!