Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME

ORIGINAL: sst06vert

How would they fix 2007 if they didn't know there was leaks on 2005 or 2006? Leaks just discovered last year.
I think they know, and thats why there is a foam band aid.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:44 PM
MUSTANGJEN

I DO NOT THINK THAT I HAVE A LEAK PROBLEM. I NEVER EVEN KNEW THAT PEOPLE WERE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS. I HAVE NEVER NOTICED IT, AND I HAVE DRIVEN HER QUITE A BIT IN THE RAIN. I HAVE A 2005 MUSTANG GT.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

MUSTANGJEN, please don't type in all caps...

I have an 05 and no leak so far. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

It seems that Ford still can't figure out how to put seam sealer on their welds
My 2003 GT Vert leaked from the weld where the frame attaches to the rear right side floor pan.
It sounds very similar to the problems you guys are having.
I also had a leak behind the passenger kick panel due to a grommet or two that was left out.

If I parked the car on an incline, water would run down the cowl, through the frame (like it is supposed to) and then when it hit the missing seam sealer spots it would run right into the rear passenger floor pan and I would have a flood.
Drove me crazy for a couple of weeks until I figured it out.

Solution was to take the carpet/padding out, silicon every seam I could find and install grommets where they were missing.
I cleaned the carpet/padding with very mild bleach solution and the car has been fine ever since.

Ford hasn't figured out how to not leave gaps in their seam sealer.

FWIW the drivers side is fine and you can easily see that the seams on that side of the car have much more, and more evenly applied seam sealer.

I wish you guys good luck and keep fighting!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Update::::
Went to the dealership to check the status on my 06 gt. Service rep began telling me there is no update and that they are still trying to FIND the leak. I asked to speak to the service manager and she came over to listen to my concerns. I asked to see my car......they did everything in thier power to prevent me fom seeing it. But after repeated demands i was able to go in the shop and see my car. Needless to say my Virgin Car is No Longera Virgin. The entire inside has been removed and the Pass Fender was off the car. Pass air bag was removed and Not One person Working on my car to find the problem! Can You Say Lemon Law!!!! I will keep you all Posted!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Also, When i finally did get some type of response from the service advisor, he told me that BY RUNNING WATER OVER THE CAR DOES NOT AND I REPEAT D O E S N O T SIMULATE THE LEAK!!!!!! Only after soaking the car and then driving the car, will it produce the leak. That tells me that the car is HOLDING WATER!!!!! Ok so lets just say they finally prevent the water from getting inside the car........ What about the area where the water is building up.......Rust and mildew and did i mention rust........I can see it now.....finally getting the car to stop leaking but having the frame rust out in about 5 years just when my warranty expires!..... God Help Us!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

I fell ya there. Seeing your NEW car apart like that is pretty traumatising. I still cant get over it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: archcat

Just took delivery of my 2007 Pony Thursday afternoon. Sat in the garage until today.. On the 'maiden' trip, drove in a heavy downpour to Colorado Springs, COonly to find a puddle of water on the passenger floor! Only 120 miles.... 07' buyers beware!
Look at the sticker on your door and let us know when your car was built. Just because you bought it on Thursday doesn't mean it hasn't sat out in the lot for 6 months.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

ORIGINAL: rls82959

So, looking at the poll results, build date after 9/06 means nothing. It still might leak.
My build date: 8/06 no leak yet. No rain yet either.
I have a hunch being a 2007 means nothing either. 10% of all 2007's have reported leaks in the poll. I think those that haven't been listed just haven't shown their leak yet. It's amazing that both 2005 and 2006 are so close to being the same percentage of 20%. I will not water hose wash or drive my Jan '07 built Pony in the rain until a TSB is issued.

Ford, you really look bad on this one.
Same here Barry, even though my car has to sit outside, it has a car cover on it. I have yet to wash it and will not until Ford finds the solution and gives us all a peace of mind.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Well took mine out for a long drive on Saturday and Sunday morning therewas apuddle on the right side floor. Taking it to the dealer on Weds where they will have it for three days. They are going to strip out the interior and put it in a shower that blasts water at it from underneath. Said in the past they have had to reseal the entire fire wall and windshield and the underside of the car. He gave me the impression they had done a lot of these. Didn't even want to look inside the car.

Quick Reply: WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME