Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ford & Mustang owner; off to rocky start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:24 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Ford & Mustang owner; off to rocky start!

Well, I know better than to think that it would be trouble free for years. Too old and owned too many vehicles for that. But I did expect to drive it a few months before putting in the shop....nit 5 days. I'm not really looking for them to buy it back outright (they call the process buyback), I just wanted them to fix mine at first, but if not, replace it with a like GT. Problem is that the ods of find another similiar to it are slim. Mine was brought in from out of town and has some opions from various packages. It had the appearance package, middle interior, and some other stuff. I ended up putting the MyColor guages on (via dealersip) after purchase to make it exactly how I wanted it. Basically, it had every button used on the dash, no blanks. One thing I don't see on many or any I have searched for at local dealerships is the heated seats which I had. I have a feeling that if they replace mine, I will have to make some concessions.

The weather is nice now and I have no Stang to cruise around in...Sunny and 70deg.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Ford & Mustang owner; off to rocky start!

Sorry to hear about your issues man. I bought my 05 GT about a month before christmas, and I had issues with the parking brakes which were resolved via the TSB for them, and also had to wait to get floor mats and a second key and keyfob made for the car, all of which the dealership ate the cost on. I also had the car lock itself once while it was running, something that's not supposed to happen, and I paid a locksmith $50 and 90 mins of time to get into the car.I think part of the reason why I did ok with my car, is because the owner of the dealership himself owned the pinkslip to my car, and it only had 18,000 km's on it when I bought it. Since then, there hasn't been any problems with this car. I never had the misfortune of having driveline problems, and my car has over 20,000km's on it now, 3000 of which were in the first month I bought it, drove it until February of this year, and some of those km's are HARD km's too (love to mess around with punk-*** kids in Acuras and other Asian cars, or white-collar types in Audi's and BMW's on the highway).

I too became dis-enchanted with the car a lot, very quickly...I think your situation is worse though, since you haven't been able to use it much, and haven't been seduced by it's evil charms (I know I am now, and I'm willing to forgo minor setbacks...if it means having lots of fun most of the time).

Keep us posted on what you do/what happens!