Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that go to the track...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: For those that go to the track...

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

Dont know where you are.... but NJ now requires fire jacket in addtion to helmet is your car runs better that 13.99 or has power add (one of the two)

I'd be running at Qualcomm's 1/8th mi. RaceLegal drags...They aren't ideal, but they're the closestI can get to a decent drag strip (that I'm aware of, anyway) without driving 100+ mi. to Riverside for California Speedway's 1/4 mior out to Irwindale's 1/8th mi...They don't require a fire jacket unless I put nitrous in the car, or have it run quicker than like 7.4 sec or something like that...I SERIOUSLY doubt I'm gonna run that fast!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Dont know where you are.... but NJ now requires fire jacket in addtion to helmet is your car runs better that 13.99 or has power add (one of the two)

LOL, Where did you hear that one, LOL. I go to Atco and Englishtown, like .....alot [8D]A Helment, Long jeans, and t-shirt is all you need unless your dipping into the single digits, and at that point it ain't to much a street car anymore, LOL.A fire jacket for a 13.99 or lower [sm=icon_rofl.gif]. Well I'll found out tommarrow, my first time back at the track since Atco closed in November of last year.Depending on weather, I was either going to Atco for Test & Tune or Raceway park for Street Wars .
Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Oh, one other thing that I just thought about:

I'm running a completely bone stock '07, no slicks or nitrous or anything like that...

Should I leave the TCS on when I go to make my runs, or is that going to hinder me?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout
Oh, one other thing that I just thought about:
I'm running a completely bone stock '07, no slicks or nitrous or anything like that...
Should I leave the TCS on when I go to make my runs, or is that going to hinder me?
if you try to launch your car (higher RPM off the line) yes you need to turn off the TCS and this should give a better time than
if you plan a dead idle flooring
Old 03-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Sprzout- correct me if Im wrong but the race legals are only on Friday's right? I have never been down there and you're right -- it's way closer then Cal Speedway[8D]
Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

Sprzout- correct me if Im wrong but the race legals are only on Friday's right? I have never been down there and you're right -- it's way closer then Cal Speedway[8D]
Yep, in fact, the next one is the 9th...I'm off that night (have to work from 7-3:30 the next 3 weeks) so I'm thinking about going down to see if I can't get a run or two off, maybe haul my dad down to watch...

If you want more info on it, here's their website:

http://www.racelegal.com

That has the next set of dates, all the way up to June, I think...
Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

that seems a bit much doesn't it?

In the spring of last year, they (IHRA or NHRA, can't remember which) changed the fire jacket rule as described (13.99 or aftermarket poweradder)... I had to get one because at that time I had the N20... There was a lot of uproar... And one local track was actually checking if you had a fire jacket (I told them I had just ordered mine and they let me slide)... anyways that rule appears to have been reversed since I don't see it any more... and no one checks for a fire jacket any more when I tech...
Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 AM
06VistaGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

In the spring of last year, they (IHRA or NHRA, can't remember which) changed the fire jacket rule as described (13.99 or aftermarket poweradder)... I had to get one because at that time I had the N20... There was a lot of uproar... And one local track was actually checking if you had a fire jacket (I told them I had just ordered mine and they let me slide)... anyways that rule appears to have been reversed since I don't see it any more... and no one checks for a fire jacket any more when I tech...
That's a surprise to me. I ran the '06 at Fords @ E-Town last fall with just a helmet. My bro and father both ran quicker stangs, and neither needed more than a helmet. Are your sure it wasn't 13.99 AND aftermarket power adder?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:03 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06VistaGT

ORIGINAL: scrming

That's a surprise to me. I ran the '06 at Fords @ E-Town last fall with just a helmet. My bro and father both ran quicker stangs, and neither needed more than a helmet. Are your sure it wasn't 13.99 AND aftermarket power adder?
The rule was in effect for a very short time... only a couple of tracks were even aware of it! If you ran any power adder, that wasn't OEM, you needed a firejacket... regardless of time... of course we all kind of laughed... i mean it would be kind of sad that you put on a power adder and still not be able to run faster than 13.99... LOL