Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels from MRT Direct: opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default Wheels from MRT Direct: opinions?

Hey all,

I haven't heard people talk about the wheels that MRT Direct offers for our cars. Specifically, I'm interested in the chrome FR500 wheels: link here
I'm interested in what people think of the quality and finish of the wheels? Do they look good in person? I was considering FR500 style wheels from American Muscle but they're out of stock.

Thoughts? Opinions? Hit me with 'em. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:54 AM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wheels from MRT Direct: opinions?

i bought my rims from MRT Direct, they gave me a great price and a great product, seems like a pretty good company talked to the guy who built the MRT sema car in 2005, he really knew his stuff about the car. Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2007, 10:35 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ECR5.0

i bought my rims from MRT Direct, they gave me a great price and a great product, seems like a pretty good company talked to the guy who built the MRT sema car in 2005, he really knew his stuff about the car. Hope this helps
MRT was in fact started and by owned by Scott Hoag... He is a former program manager at Ford and brought us the Bullit and the Mach 1. He eats, sleeps and breaths Mustangs. He is also very particular on the products MRT carries and stands behind everything he sells... and he is about down to earth as they get!

I'll be getting some new wheels and tires shortly... and i'll be buying them from MRT... LOL!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:40 AM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

I SECOND THAT!...SCOTT HOAG IS THE MAN! I HAVE SEEN THE RIMS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THERE SHOWROOM LAST WEEK. LOOK AMAZING! BUT MRT HAS BEEN AMAZING TO ME, GREAT PEOPLE ALL AROUND AND GOOD PRICES. THEY HAVE DONE A TON OF WORK ON MY CAR ALREADY! LOL MISTRESS I SEEN YOUR OLD HOOD SCOOP IN THEIR SHOWROOM LAST WEEK! LOL
Old 03-03-2007, 10:41 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have to agree with the 2 above. they are nice looking rims and MRT is a great company!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BADD05

I SECOND THAT!...SCOTT HOAG IS THE MAN! I HAVE SEEN THE RIMS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THERE SHOWROOM LAST WEEK. LOOK AMAZING! BUT MRT HAS BEEN AMAZING TO ME, GREAT PEOPLE ALL AROUND AND GOOD PRICES. THEY HAVE DONE A TON OF WORK ON MY CAR ALREADY! LOL MISTRESS I SEEN YOUR OLD HOOD SCOOP IN THEIR SHOWROOM LAST WEEK! LOL
Was that the showroom on Haggerty btwn Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile Rd.)? I've only driven by....never stopped in.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:52 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

Was that the showroom on Haggerty btwn Pontiac Trail and Maple (15 Mile Rd.)? I've only driven by....never stopped in.
That used to be it... LOL! They have now moved to M-14 and Beck.. they moved about a month ago....
Old 03-03-2007, 10:40 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

That used to be it... LOL! They have now moved to M-14 and Beck.. they moved about a month ago....
Thanks. I'll have to get over there and check them out.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Thanks. I'll have to get over there and check them out.
well... if you get over there in the next couple of weeks you can check out The Mistress... LOL! Dropped her off yesterday...