Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big down payment

Old 03-09-2007, 02:49 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: big down payment

The actual production start date of Job 1 for the 2008 Mustang is JUNE 25....you could see one in the showroom in mid-July
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Georgian
1st Gear Member

Where you get your info from? Not doubting ya, just wondering if it was in a press release, etc. So, going on that date, I guess the last order(s) for 07 will be taken in Apr-early May?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Nickmc123
1st Gear Member

You can get deals on mustangs any time if you dicker. And yes getting them under invoice at least edmunds invoice is easy because thats not really what the dealers pay for them they get them much cheaper. Anyways the key is too find a dealer that has extra stock a few extras basically. Then you can get a much better price and rate right away. If they don't have overstock and they are selling quick don't expect too much off. I was at hiller this week on monday. They have $2500 off the gt sticker plus 4.9 apr. I live in wisconsin if anyone wants to check out hiller ford they got the best deals. Anyways my dad was with me (Super negotiater). And I could have walked off with that gt with the $25,995 sticker for $21,000 and my dad wasn't even playing hardball yet. He wanted to get rid of that stripped down gt and I know im gonna go back and buy it in a few weeks. Lets just say he has 30 mustangs too many. Look for an overstock lot find the one you want and play hardball and beat the dealer down on that price. Its definetely not rocket science. Plus I have a truck to trade in on that gt I know im gonna get my dream car pretty cheap and pay that sucker off pretty fast. Yeah if you order your not gonna get much off thats definetely a given. Use autotrader or something to find a new one that you want thats sitting in a lot. Negotiate over the phone and get it shipped if you have too. You'll find the one you want its somewhere.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

Screw the Dicker,,,You can Find any Color or any TYPE of Stang GT at INVOICE if you want to look abit...And never have to dicker when it comes when you are firm at the invoice price
I am sure within 50 miles from you ,you will find many dealers that will sell you a stang Gt at INVOICE $2500-$3000 under MSRP...
Yep Job 1 starts in June and dealer will get the 08s in early aug and you should still get a GT at Invoice.
Any dealer that will not sell at invoice is a jerkofffffff because you can travel to another dealer and get the GT at invoice.
I would not buy a 2007 since they have been out since June of 2006,unless you have no money and if they are giving yeaaaa a very lower interst rate then I would say go for it,,,But if you are paying cash like I did I would wait till the 08s are out....
What I do is go pass the salesperson and go right to the SALESMANGER and tell him that I want that car and only going to pay Invoice,,,,instead of going to a salesperson and that can be anoying.JT