Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRRP RACING PACK

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FRRP RACING PACK

Got my FRPP GTA right from Ford Racing and they don't have the logo either!! Can you get the FRPP tuner by itself?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

THis thread has been some gooood info!

I have a few questions: If you buy the ford stuff, is it under warranty even if you install it yourself?? Im concerned about warranty because I have the 75K extended warranty...

Also, if I already had a tune going... Could I restore stock and have them put a tune on for the upgraded part, then put my tune back in on top of it?

I know thats sort of general but I'm wondering how this works...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:02 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I would believe that aftermarket packages may reap a higher power return from the motor and handle better than the Ford gear but I personally have all the option Ford Racing parts on mine (Handling pack, induction with reprogram, Hurst shifter, Rims& Exhausts). I went for the Ford gear becauseI wanted to preserve the warranty even though I've heard that Ford have honored warranty claims, on occasion, for cars with aftermarket gear on. I didn't want to take the chance so stuck with Ford. Hey, the car's new, why would I want to throw the warranty away for a fraction of a second to 60? A bad driver will lose much more than that using his two-left-feet alone. Only deviation from ford equipment was a set of Pirelli P-Zeros which lays outside of warranty infraction.

Am I happy with the car? Hell Yea! She handles 300% better than stock, looks better (sits 1.5" lower), sounds better out the back but the best bit is the induction noise. Stomping on it sounds like a Volcano has gone off under the hood, simply awesome. I know sound and ride can make a car feel faster than it is, but honestly, it'feels' like a bigger jump than the commonlymooted 25hp over the stock300hp.

Somebody on here posted an exert from a UK Magazine article recently where they got a stock Mustang, ran it for a few thou' then installed the Ford induction kit and reprogram. They reckon they tested it after and got 375 at the flywheel.... Seems a tad enthusiastic but I'd bet good money that 340hp at the flywheel was a reasonable figure
Old 04-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Lyall

I just put the GTAs on last weekend that I also got from Ninosport (very fast turn around). The rumble is great but the strange thing is my mpg has increased too. I bought a SCT Livewire and used their premium or performance program and that did the same. It probably runs leaner than the factory settings. With the GTAs it was totally unexpected and I'm just looking to increase the HP not the mpg. Overall, the GTAs have great sound and they do have that performance enhancement of making you floor it to make them rumble.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:07 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

THis thread has been some gooood info!

I have a few questions: If you buy the ford stuff, is it under warranty even if you install it yourself?? Im concerned about warranty because I have the 75K extended warranty...

Also, if I already had a tune going... Could I restore stock and have them put a tune on for the upgraded part, then put my tune back in on top of it?

I know thats sort of general but I'm wondering how this works...
No to answer the above. You will not get the warranty if you install yourself. The whole point of the warranty is because it was Ford parts installed by a Ford authorized shop or a dealer themselves. And with the ford tune once its loaded that is it you can stuck with it. You cannot adjust anything later, which is one of the reasons to get different tuner and CAI/ You can adjust for gears, tire/wheel size, rev limiter etc.

And also...no gains with tht GTAs and the MPG was not associated with them either. They are pretty damn close to stock actually. The tuner will give you some more MPG though but no reports of axlebacks doing that.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:19 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

imo axlebacks give mpg gains because of their lighter weight... Dunno about the official ford mufflers weighing less than the stock ford ones, but i kinda think the other ones like the small borlas etc do give gains from weighing less... thats it though.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yes that is true but that small of a difference doesnt give you more MPG. It would be like the difference between taking a bookbag with some books in it or a set og golfs clubs. Its not like getting rid of 100+ lbs or something.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

I am extremely satisfied with it, because even though other aftermarket packages would have given me about 10 - 15 h.p. more for less money, my 3 year warranty remains fully intact with the FRPP, and I never have to go through the hassle of putting everything back to stock when I take her in for service.

I can't help thinking there must be a reason Ford & Carroll Shelby decided to use the FRPP instead of simply subcontracting one of those other, more aggressive, aftermarket packges for the Shelby.

I would like to keep this car forever, and if that means settling for just a bit less power (with less strain on the componants), then so be it..........
Since you seem to be the most familiar with the FRPP tune, do you know if the OE tune is loaded back into the Pro-Cal tool in case you ever did want to return to the original tune for any reason?

If anybody else happens to know this, feel free to chime in.

Norm
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Norm Peterson
Since you seem to be the most familiar with the FRPP tune, do you know if the OE tune is loaded back into the Pro-Cal tool in case you ever did want to return to the original tune for any reason?

Norm
The Pro-Cal tool has a switch which allows you to either install the tune or return to stock.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

ORIGINAL: Norm Peterson

Norm
The Pro-Cal tool has a switch which allows you to either install the tune or return to stock.

Yep- what he said.

Quick Reply: FRRP RACING PACK