Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRRP RACING PACK

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
RANDY SANDOW

Default FRRP RACING PACK

Does anyone actually notice that much difference in the power with this cold air intake package? It seems like a waste for 19-20 rwhp. I did put the FRRP handling pack on and that was very worthwhile. Opinions?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FRRP RACING PACK

Yes, not only was there a clearly noticeable difference in power, but it reduced throttle-lag, and the auto now has firmer (though still smooth) shifts.
I am extremely satisfied with it, because even though other aftermarket packages would have given me about 10 - 15 h.p. more for less money, my 3 year warranty remains fully intact with the FRPP, and I never have to go through the hassle of putting everything back to stock when I take her in for service.
I also love both the sound and look of the GTA mufflers that come as part of this package, and I like the idea that I have the same performance package that comes on the Shelby GT-H.
I can't help thinking there must be a reason Ford & Carroll Shelby decided to use the FRPP instead of simply subcontracting one of those other, more aggressive, aftermarket packges for the Shelby.
I would like to keep this car forever, and if that means settling for just a bit less power (with less strain on the componants), then so be it..........

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/29597C0BDFED4B4080CDD8DCBE9F713A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-10-2007, 12:03 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

All of the FRPP packs (power, drag, handling) are mediocre. They work OK, but in every case you can get better performance for less money by piecing together your own kit from other vendors.

If you were intersted in the power pack, instead get a C&L or JLT intake and an SCT tuner from a shop such as Brenspeed, Evolution, or B amamchips. Less $$ than the Ford setup and more HP. +25 HP is not unreasonable at all, and the throttle response is improved as well.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Unless your obsessed with the security and the idea that the dealer has to warrant the cai if anything goes wrong with it then just take Al's suggestion and get something from a vendor of the site. Great price, and Im extremely pleased with my C&L. Also like to mention the dealer said absolutely nothing about my axle backs or CAI, and in fact struck up a conversation about how nice the KB was if I was interested in more power.

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
I can't help thinking there must be a reason Ford & Carroll Shelby decided to use the FRPP instead of simply subcontracting one of those other, more aggressive, aftermarket packges for the Shelby.
Because it costs alot less.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM
RANDY SANDOW

I already have FRRP Borlas installed. Am I able to get the other components without the GTA axlebacks?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

In reply to randy

I asked that question & the dealer said they could not break up the package, I went with the SCT & JLTII cause I wanted to do gears & the Ford Package can only be calibrated up to 3.55
Old 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Keep in mind that the FRPP parts are already subcontracted. I don't remember exactly who makes each part, but the FRPP intake is the same as the Steeda (I think), the Shocks are actually made by Mutimatic, the FRPP rear end cover is made by TA Performance, and so on.

Also, Ford has many constraints that you yourself don't have. Ford has to be concerned with Federal emissions laws, corporate average fuel economy numbers, and so on. Ford also selects vendors that meet their particular criteria for subcontractors, whatever they may be.

You don't have these constraints. You can buy whichever part you want. If you want the "FORD" brand parts for some reason, then by all means, buy them. I was just pointing out that you can get more HP for less money elsewhere.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Yes, not only was there a clearly noticeable difference in power, but it reduced throttle-lag, and the auto now has firmer (though still smooth) shifts.
I am extremely satisfied with it, because even though other aftermarket packages would have given me about 10 - 15 h.p. more for less money, my 3 year warranty remains fully intact with the FRPP, and I never have to go through the hassle of putting everything back to stock when I take her in for service.
I also love both the sound and look of the GTA mufflers that come as part of this package, and I like the idea that I have the same performance package that comes on the Shelby GT-H.
I would like to keep this car forever, and if that means settling for just a bit less power (with less strain on the componants), then so be it..........

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/29597C0BDFED4B4080CDD8DCBE9F713A.jpg[/IMG]
+1 !!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone have a picture of what the exhaust pipes look like installed?
Old 03-10-2007, 01:15 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chronism

Does anyone have a picture of what the exhaust pipes look like installed?

Here you go.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/5FB6238146E04790A87F69138FC36EA5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/8F3B54798CA74FCCB7EE53F31F879480.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: FRRP RACING PACK