Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

body flaws?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:04 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default body flaws?

is your mustang's body perfect? or does it have little flaws (dents, scratches, etc.)? do they bother you like all hell?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:38 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: body flaws?

I noticed when I first got the car a few spots where dirt or something had got into the paint at the factory like by the rear quarter windows and at the back of the hood by one of the squirter nozzles. And yes every little spot I see bugs the living s#!t out of me.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I had a few things in the paint but I took care of that real quick
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Mountain Mustang
1st Gear Member

When I bought mine, I did a complete inspection with the salesmanbefore I left the dealer and had them note any flaws. I found 1 minor scuff and a bump under the paint. They buffed out the scuff and sanded and repainted the fender where the bump was. Turned out to be some seam sealer that got on the panel before painting. The worst is a ding on the hood that I got when I was taking it to Denver to get the clear bra put on. Had them do the bra anyway to prevent any more until I get that one repaired.

MM
Old 03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

well the reason i posted this thread is that there seems to be a ton of things wrong with my car, for example, the front fascia has completely disconnected itself from the black thing that goes under the radiator, and i have a bunch of miscellaneous little dents and scratches and it bothers the hell out of me, i was just wondering if anybody else is the same. i do my absolute best to keep this car pristine, but it seems that its not enough. **** seems to happen to the car regardless.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

well for mine, its has a whole bunch of dots on the front bumper that dont come off, like its stuck to the paint, and the same behind the rear wheel on the back bumper, also my back bumper sticks out from the passenger side alittle and i have no idea why, and my front bumper sticks out from the driver side, i havent hit anything so i have no idea why its like that and why ford cant design something to hold well together lol
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

well the reason i posted this thread is that there seems to be a ton of things wrong with my car, for example, the front fascia has completely disconnected itself from the black thing that goes under the radiator, and i have a bunch of miscellaneous little dents and scratches and it bothers the hell out of me, i was just wondering if anybody else is the same. i do my absolute best to keep this car pristine, but it seems that its not enough. **** seems to happen to the car regardless.
I have a dent, a small.. Ill say "abrasion", because its not quite a scratch, thats not noticeable unless you know where it is, and tons of little paint chips on my chin spoiler and a few on the hood. Yes, they bother the hell out of me, the paint chips more than anything else. But this saying ^^ is always true. I do baby my car and try to do everything in my power to keep her safe, but alas, I still cant control other people (yet) so her fate is not totally up to me.

As far as your black thing, there are like.. 6 or so screws that connect that to the bottom of the front bumper, might want to let the dealership know if youre missing them next time you go in for warranty work. Should be no trouble for them to snag some of those and put them in there.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I have a dent, a small.. Ill say "abrasion", because its not quite a scratch, thats not noticeable unless you know where it is, and tons of little paint chips on my chin spoiler and a few on the hood. Yes, they bother the hell out of me, the paint chips more than anything else. But this saying ^^ is always true. I do baby my car and try to do everything in my power to keep her safe, but alas, I still cant control other people (yet) so her fate is not totally up to me.

As far as your black thing, there are like.. 6 or so screws that connect that to the bottom of the front bumper, might want to let the dealership know if youre missing them next time you go in for warranty work. Should be no trouble for them to snag some of those and put them in there.
well, the screws are intact, its just that they've somehow ripped out of the black thing, much like the way a 3 hole punched paper rips out of a binder. the black thing needs to be replaced. i've never hit anything, and i think its **** that the car comes apart like this. the whole assembly is loose
Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

well, the screws are intact, its just that they've somehow ripped out of the black thing, much like the way a 3 hole punched paper rips out of a binder. the black thing needs to be replaced. i've never hit anything, and i think its **** that the car comes apart like this. the whole assembly is loose
Heh, thats kinda wierd, mine has small, square metal braces where the screws go through the black plastic thing... much like those little tape circles you use to put over the notebook paper when it gets ripped out of a notebook... like extra bracing I guess. [8D] But yeah I agree that its pretty gay when stuff falls apart... Long as you didnt run over a giant curb or animal or anything, youre not at fault for the damage and the dealer should have to replace it.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Heh, thats kinda wierd, mine has small, square metal braces where the screws go through the black plastic thing... much like those little tape circles you use to put over the notebook paper when it gets ripped out of a notebook... like extra bracing I guess. [8D] But yeah I agree that its pretty gay when stuff falls apart... Long as you didnt run over a giant curb or animal or anything, youre not at fault for the damage and the dealer should have to replace it.
easy for you to say haha..........my stealership is full of crooks and ******** waiting to swindle you out of every last penny you own.

Quick Reply: body flaws?