Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOD...mustang may be ruined for 08

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:32 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DOD...mustang may be ruined for 08

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516
The only challenge I made was whipping your cars *** with a V6! You said nothing to anyone that was tongue in cheek. You best reread what crap you wrote. We can meet in real life. Unlike you, I can afford to bring my V6 to you, if you'd like to run for titles, that is if your non poor, non cheap **** has paid for your car. You haven't hurt my feelings with your comments about my car at all. Unlike you, I can afford to do all the changes I want at any time! I have replaced the headlights with the Saleen HID's($850). The wheels I happen to like. Their style is older than your *** is! Cobra replicas. Yours are a very common style both on Mustangs and many other vehicles.
Scotte28516
My Whipple car will mop the road with your Saleen car!
Sounds like a challenge to me.

Scotte28516
At your age I'd bet you probably don't make above $30-35K per year, so that would have been a financial hardship unless mommy and daddy helped you out.
I don't know about you but I left mommy and daddys house at 18. And it's pretty sad if you think all 25 yearold college grad can only make $30-35K.

Scotte28516
Got a 1987 Buick Grand National to mop the road with your sorry butt.
It may be fast but its still a buick.

Come on man get over it. ****, all the original V6ers have gotten bored and moved on. By the way you put me down for my age I’m guessing they ran out of prunes at your retirement home.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:21 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

another thing some may forget is the E85 thing
its suppost to be equ of 115oct gas so with that ford could raise comp ratio and...
but then you engine won't last as long and E85 burns quicker so MPG go down
For sure there!

I used to run a 64 Galaxie car on Methanol. Faster then stink! But the fuel burn was 2-1 so average about a gallon and a half a run. Im sure it is not as drastic in a street car though, but close...
Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy
ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude
another thing some may forget is the E85 thing
its suppost to be equ of 115oct gas so with that ford could raise comp ratio and...
but then you engine won't last as long and E85 burns quicker so MPG go down
For sure there!

I used to run a 64 Galaxie car on Methanol. Faster then stink! But the fuel burn was 2-1 so average about a gallon and a half a run. Im sure it is not as drastic in a street car though, but close...
is there anything in this "CAFE" thing that could let ford enable the stang to run E85 instead of better gas milelage
think about what the S/C guys could do with 115 more boost (but stock inerds would need more beef)
Old 03-17-2007, 04:27 PM
ILUVMYSTANG
3rd Gear Member

wow thats a great idea! i cant wait ti they make them all 4,6,and 8. holy **** thats awesome! driving to work.... get like 30 - 40 mpg.... then when u wanna race and pwn the **** outta some POS camero... switch it to the 8 and then take off! =)
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM
randybobr
2nd Gear Member

People ask me about MPG i just say i dont care.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

I am not too concernred with gas mileage for my Stang, that is what I have a small V6 daily for. I think the gas mileage on the current GTs is fine. If your going to complain about gas mleage then I have to agree with POWERS buy a car for it.
I agree that the current mileage per gallon on the Mustang is fine. In fact, for me it's surprisingly good! I think you might be surprised to learn that I'm averaging 19-20 mpg on my GT (as we allknow it's aV8 with 300 hp) and my wife is "only" averaging 21-22 mpg in her '07 Toyota RAV4....which has a V6 with 279 hp. I woulda thunk any smaller Toyota engine (which are known for efficiency) would get much better mileage than ANY Ford V8, but times they are a-changin'....and I'm pleased! It's refreshing toknow I can slam my pedal and regularly hit 90-100 mph yetstill come close to the same mpg averages that she gets by "driving like a woman" (no female offense intended....just a cliche to get the point across).
Old 03-23-2007, 05:01 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the apology Mr. Powers. Just be nice
Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

ORIGINAL: GstangT
Ok.. so you said people started flipping out simply because they disagreed with you (and you saying the GT was better). No. That was not the case. What happened was, you started calling people who drove the 6, "pussies", and "girls". And I said that is just something real ignorant to say, and there were other factors involved when people get vehicles. Maybe someone has all the money in the world but just wants to buy a 6? Who knows? I wouldn't mind if someone disagreed with me, but it was just the fact that you thought/think you're superior just because you have 2 more cylinders, and implied only pussies and girls drive 6's. Not the fact you disagreed with someone.
The first one to flip out was you. My firs comment on here was to FPN004, after his comment about how important gas milage was. I simple stated that a prius is the car for that. Then he decided to put words into my mouth

FPN004
So are you saying that owning a Mustang means completely disregarding fuel economy?
So I decided that since he was acting like a women, i.e. putting words in the mouths of men, then i made the comment that the car was for a girl. Apparently this offended you and we have the ground zero flip out.

GstangT
F*CK YOU. So now 6's are for pussies huh? And now a V6 is labeled for "girls" right? And the "real" men drive 8's? It's people like you that fall for sh*t on TV dreaming, "oooh yeah i wanna be like him he's so manly and cool". f*ck that. Yeah it'd be nice to drive an 8, but I'm 19, in college, and got other sh*t to pay for. So before you go dissing other sh*t, realize other factors come into play, before you go running your mouth thinking you're the sh*t and better than others. F*cking ignorant *** people.
Technically I never even called a V6 owner a *****. The whole GT being superior blah blah blah only came about after that little display of yours, other V6ers joined in and the fun ensued.

Quit backtracking and own up to the stupid **** you say.

Your calling us women and such, yet you can't even man up to the ****ing occassion.

Why don't you take your blatant prejudice and shut your ****ing mouth.

I take pride in my car, yes it's a six, and I don't want it to be anything else. You don't see me putting anyone down on their car, so why the hell do you feel the need to put 'us' down.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

If we can get the bigger motor Im all for it. Just means I gotta go through the headache of trading it in.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

**** That $hit!