Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hood scoops and side vents needed on 05-07 V8 GT mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: hood scoops and side vents needed on 05-07 V8 GT mustangs?

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Your being disrespectful to a lot people on Mustang Forums. Take a look around and see how many people have non-functioning mods that just look good on their Mustangs. I think a vast majority do. You may not like them, thats ok, just say you don't like them, but don't insult us with your (ala ricer stuff) bad-mouthing remarks.
I wasn't being disrespectful or insulting to anyone (well except maybe ricers). I was stating my opinion that things like fake scoops are too ricer-like in nature for my taste. By ricer-like, I mean that they imply to others that your car has a performance capability or feature that it in fact does not actually possess. Just likericer cars do. If you are absolutely convinced that wings and fake scoops are the way to go, then my opinion should mean nothing to you. It was definitely not my intent to insult anyone. Just stating the truth as I see it. By the way, who made you the forum "disrespect" monitor? If anyone else was insulted or dissed, I'm sure they can speak for themselves. Flame at will, I can take it.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I'm a very mild mannered guy, I don't flame anybody. Come on lets cut the crap where are some photos of your car. You do have a car... right? Lets see it, you must be proud it has no non-fuctional equipment, right? I just want to see it. I like all Mustangs with or without mods of any kind.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

oh boy,,,,,,,,,,now can we just get along......
i personally kinda like the stock scoops on hood and sides even though i dont have them on my car. if the arent functional then thats alright. they add just a touch of different taste that some people like. but like my great, great, great grandfather used to tell me,,,,,,,,,,there an *** for every saddle. now can we get along.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

P.S. ,,,,,well put wingman....
Old 03-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

You know those side scallopes we all have on our Mustangs. They are a represention ofa rear wheel intake to cool the rear brakes, but it's a fake one non function. Maybe to be true to your stand you should have them filled in they only create wind resistance.

Chrome exhuast tips are non functional as well it does nothing to the performance of the car. The same thing goes forchrome rims or any style of rim that does not improve performance.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:11 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZLEGEND

P.S. ,,,,,well put wingman....
[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 08:17 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rippin n Tarrin

You know those side scallopes we all have on our Mustangs. They are a represention ofa rear wheel intake to cool the rear brakes, but it's a fake one non function. Maybe to be true to your stand you should have them filled in they only create wind resistance.

Chrome exhuast tips are non functional as well it does nothing to the performance of the car. The same thing goes forchrome rims or any style of rim that does not improve performance.

I agree thats exactly what I put earlier....There are tons of stuff on these cars that are non-functional, and it pisses me off when someone says it's ricer or looks like crap cause its non functional. Some things are just made to make YOUR car stand out from the rest.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:13 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

I don't care what people put on their cars. The fact is that it is their car and an expression of them. Sure sometimes I see a big wing and it makes me laugh but still I like the fact that they are willing to take the chance of being laughed at to express themselves.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

I think the difference from say a 'fake hood scoop' to racing stripes or louvers is the fact that the hood scoop implies that it is actually doing something to benefit the performance of that car, and that is why some people don't like them... It's kinda be like putting a "Supercharger" emblem on a car that isn't supercharged...

I happen to like the look of the scoop, but I don't think I'd put one on because of that reason, if it were indeed a functioning peice, I'd have one already...

I'm kinda on the fence on the fake hood scoop thing... I think the pure performance guys don't like them, cause they are fake and do add resistance, but the mod/look guys like them cause the do look cool, and make the car look meaner...
Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

If ford offers these non functional SCOOPS ,VENTS ,TIPS and rims, stripesETC. as afactory stock appearance upgrade to the cars appearance then I am all for it !!! WHO SHOULD KNOW MORE about the MUSTANG and what looks good or notthen ford itself????? after market products such as HUGE rear WINGS etc.is another story.