Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moniter in our 05s??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Yashar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Moniter in our 05s??

oh man thats like exactly what i wanted to do! how much was the moniter? and does it control everything, cdplayer, volume ect? whered you get it?!?!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

The monitor was under $300, but it is only a monitor. It is connected to a carputer in the trunk which plays the music, dvds, gps etc. It uses a special program called Centrafuse to consolidate all of the functions of the carpc into one place that is easy to use while driving.

I got my monitor (lilliput 619) from mp3car.com and they also have a forum there that taught me alot about carpcs. I did have to modify my bezel to make the new monitor fit perfectly.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

I can get pictures.I took pictures of them oncebut the quality of the image S*cked. So I'll have to give it another try.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Cool, I'd like to seem them.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Bruiser Stang

hey black06....waht brand of head unit is that? that looks really nice...was it a difficult install?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Yashar
1st Gear Member

wow im really impressed black06. that looks really clean. i just hope i can do half as good as a job. but how much was the carputer if the moniter was 300.
*crosses fingers*

thank you so much rippin take your time
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I actually used an extra laptop that I had lying around, and downloaded the program centrafuse to do all the music etc. You can find carputers specifically designed for cars for $300-$400. I wired a button to my center console that starts up the computer. After I push the button, I have music playing in about 10 seconds.

Including cables, monitor, a carputer, auxiliary input adapterand gps- it would probably cost around $750 if you dont have a laptop that you can use. Like I posted earlier, mp3car.com has lots of info on the topic. If you would like to pay me to build you a custom bezel, I would consider it. BTW I inverted the stock headunit, and stored it behind the touchscreen monitor. The headunit uses an auxiliary input adapter from discountcarstereo.com to convert the laptop's sound to the speakers.

This project is doable if you have some electrical/mechanical ability. I am only 17 and it turned out just fine.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:55 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

This is an excellent idea..I have a spare laptop thats out of comission cause the LCD cracked. Fairly new..maybe a year or so old. Where did you mount the PC? In the trunk? And if so do you have an overheating problems during the summer months?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Yashar
1st Gear Member

Woah. okay this project is really cool but alot more detailed than i thought. Okay so let me get this straight so you got your car powering an xbox a laptop and a moniter? the xbox is hooked up to the back of hte moniter, then to the trunk same with the laptop? woah this is tough, not only that you also have the poweron switch to your consol, and you managed to add gps?

i feel weak im 17 too and you owned me
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

My laptop is about 4 years old, and it also has the LCD cracked. This made is perfect for my car because I couldn't use it anywhere else. The PC is mounted in the right hand corner of the trunk near the seatbacks. I'll try and take some pics this afternoon. I haven't had any problems running it in the winter or summer, though I will probably build an enclousure and add a few fans.

ORIGINAL: WhoMe

This is an excellent idea..I have a spare laptop thats out of comission cause the LCD cracked. Fairly new..maybe a year or so old. Where did you mount the PC? In the trunk? And if so do you have an overheating problems during the summer months?

Quick Reply: Moniter in our 05s??