Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on buying a new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
brandenzzz

Default Need help on buying a new mustang

Im interested into getting a new 07 Mustang Gt and i just wanna know the likes and dislikes and if there are any problems with the car before i buy it. Its between a Evo IX and this car, which are completely different cars. On is an import one is american, and my previous car was a low 13 second honda civic that got stolen so im thinking about trying american muscle out now. Anything you guys can tell me will be help, thanks in advance. And if this is in the wrong section than can you move it please ...thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help on buying a new mustang

search this section for "thunking","battery",and "leak" and then make your decision.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

I'd say if ya like being looked at, and getting the "thumbs up" on the highway, and around town...and having strangers talking to you about the car almost everytime you go somewhere, then get the stang....People really appreciate and dig this car.... If ya like modding and emptying your bank account, get the mustang... If you are an American get the mustang... If not then get the other ride...and loose your pride...

Also, if ya go with the stang, get a manual, don't spend the extra loot on the shaker 1000, get the IUP...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like the way it looks and sounds

good luck and i hope you get one
Old 03-21-2007, 02:13 PM
brandenzzz

Oh i will definetly be getting the manual if i get the mustang, also how is gas mileage?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
brandenzzz

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i like the way it looks and sounds

good luck and i hope you get one
Oh i love the way v8's sound and i really like the way it looks. Im leaning more towards the mustang right now i just wanna learn more about them before i buy one.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
10SPROGT06

Why not start out with a 13 second car, rather than buying one and having to put a bunch of money into it to make it a 13 sec car. I have had my my 06GT for 6 months now and have not had a single problem. I never owned american muscle before either. But I am in LOVE. Go test drive one if you haven't all ready. If you have any other questions just ask and I will help out if I can
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

I wasn't kidding about that search.

I really like the car. I've spent nearly $5k in aftermarket stuff since I bought it in December, and I'm not nearly as crazy as many of these dudes and dudettes on these forums. Most fun I've ever had tinkering with a car. . . also the most frustrating. This is a great car if you want to continuously mess with it, adding this or that, making different mods here and there. MPGs are moderate. I'm usually in town so I only get about 15 or so, but on the highway is goes up drastically. This car has SOUL despite its relatively annoying flaws. You can make it go fast in a straight line, or around a track, or you can just cruise around and listen to the awesome exhaust notes when screaming through a tunnel in second gear. BUT the problems I've had have actually left me riding the bus and parking the car til a TSB comes out or I simply get the front suspension COMPLETELY rebuilt. Just buy one that doesn't thunk and you should be golden!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
brandenzzz

Yes my last car ran about a 16 stock and i had to dump like 8 grand into to make it hit 13's and that was with a motor swap i did. So its gonna be really nice not having to dump so much money into a car to make it fast when it already is stock. Can any one give me an idea of what the monthly payments will be?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Also check out the thread on window tinting. If you want tinting make sure you have the dealer do it - then you'll be protected if it starts getting serious scratches (see the thread).

Quick Reply: Need help on buying a new mustang