Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Problem (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Serious Problem...

how would the yeast react in your fuel system if it settled or maybe it messed up pressure regulator i am no efi expert but i know that beer is not something that i would want in my tank hello its sugar and yeast i would have it at the dealer in a heart beat in a warrantable factory type condition of coarse
Old 03-26-2007, 04:47 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Tbere isn't any sugar in beer because its been turned into alcohol. Besides, didn't any of you watch Myth Busters when they showed how sugar in a gas tank doesn't cause any problem? The punks probably urinated in the tank. Threy wouldn't waste any beer. I'd fill the tank up and add dry gas and injector cleaner.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Tbere isn't any sugar in beer because its been turned into alcohol. Besides, didn't any of you watch Myth Busters when they showed how sugar in a gas tank doesn't cause any problem? The punks probably urinated in the tank. Threy wouldn't waste any beer. I'd fill the tank up and add dry gas and injector cleaner.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Myth Busters!! Haha!! That's why I asked if maybe they put something in the pipes or another problem eslewhere.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:50 PM
07GTowner

I don't undertand why all these models of vehicles are coming out without fuel door locks. with the price of gas and having to worry about kids getting into the fuel tank, I'm really surprised there hasn't been more feedback on this, and not just to Ford. My 05 toyota truck is the same way. My 99 toyota had a fuel door lock. Guess its all about cutting costs. My mustang is still on order so I dont remember the fuel door. I hope it at least has a door release on the inside and can't just be opened up without access inside the vehicle. If not I guess its just another thing to put on my list to get.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTowner

I don't undertand why all these models of vehicles are coming out without fuel door locks. with the price of gas and having to worry about kids getting into the fuel tank, I'm really surprised there hasn't been more feedback on this, and not just to Ford. My 05 toyota truck is the same way. My 99 toyota had a fuel door lock. Guess its all about cutting costs. My mustang is still on order so I dont remember the fuel door. I hope it at least has a door release on the inside and can't just be opened up without access inside the vehicle. If not I guess its just another thing to put on my list to get.
Nope, doesn't have that option.
The best thing we can do is purchase a locking gas cap. I had to do that with my first car back in the '70s when there was a gas shortage. Darn hoodlum neighbor kept sifling the gas out of my car and messed up the float! I thought I had a half of tank coming home from the beach when it left me stranded! [:@]
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Serious Problem...(UPDATE)

Ok so I got the car back today. They found that it had a bad ignition pack and put a new one in under warranty. It seems to be OK now but I still heard some funny sounds when driving it home, ill have to keep an eye on it.

To add to the mess...They made me take all mymods off before they would look at it. When taking off the throttle body to remove the spacer, one of the clips that hold the throttle control on broke and now there is tape holding it on. Doesn't seem to safe to me but I have to wait 7-10 days for that part....I just can't wait untill all this crap is sorted out so I can put all my mods back on and have my car the way I want it for this nice weather now.

Another thing that was interesting....They told me that they could see with their computer that "someone" was in there messing around with tune and it was not stock. I retuned the tune to stock before I took it back..maybe I should have disconnected the battery too. It just goes to show you that dealers know more then you think. Maybe I got lucky this time....but man this whole process is one big pain in the ***...

Oh...It says that they updated the PCM and reset the KAM...I don't think my tuner will work now...How do I go about fixing this problem again?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

whats dry gaS?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

It is a fuel additive that takes water out of the system.If you let your car sit for a long time with less than a full tank you can get condensation in the tank.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

which dealer did you take it to?...oh and it was my understanding that the dealers can only see the last time the computer was reset, not an effect of a tune. Of course that could be done by disconnecting the battery so that would be the excuse you use if asked.

For the PCM...go in with your Xcal and check the code. It wont match your 4 digit calibration code but can be decoded by SCT to tell you whether the 4 dig calibration code is the same or not.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

which dealer did you take it to?...oh and it was my understanding that the dealers can only see the last time the computer was reset, not an effect of a tune. Of course that could be done by disconnecting the battery so that would be the excuse you use if asked.

For the PCM...go in with your Xcal and check the code. It wont match your 4 digit calibration code but can be decoded by SCT to tell you whether the 4 dig calibration code is the same or not.
I took it to Elite Ford on Washington ave in Belleville NJ....I hate that place but it is very close by my house and my car was hardly running....I usually go to stadium auto mall or the dealer on rt 3...