Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:10 PM
bored out

Default Prices

Hello,

I have been trolling the forums for awhile now and love the site. Great info on all types of subjects related to mods and even S197 problems. I have finally decided to purchase a new 2007 Mustang GT. I was undecided because of the upcoming Challenger and Camaro and of course the Cobra Terminator. I will be ready to buy in the next 3 months once I complete this tdy and get to my duty station (North Carolina). I have read most of the posts over the last few weeks and there is one topic that I have not been able to research, Price.

Sure I can go to ford.com and build the car I want to get the price but I was wondering what other members paid for their new Mustangs and where they got them at. Any information would be great. Any dealers selling way under msrp or should I expect to pay msrp? If I get the car custom ordered does that eliminate my ability to negociate the price in my favor?

Here is the car I am looking to purchase.

New 2007 Mustang GT/CS, Black, Manual, 18' polished rims, Shaker 500, coupe. I hoping to play less than $30,000!

Thanks, It is great to have a resource like this!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Prices

ORIGINAL: bored out

Hello,

I have been trolling the forums for awhile now and love the site. Great info on all types of subjects related to mods and even S197 problems. I have finally decided to purchase a new 2007 Mustang GT. I was undecided because of the upcoming Challenger and Camaro and of course the Cobra Terminator. I will be ready to buy in the next 3 months once I complete this tdy and get to my duty station (North Carolina). I have read most of the posts over the last few weeks and there is one topic that I have not been able to research, Price.

Sure I can go to ford.com and build the car I want to get the price but I was wondering what other members paid for their new Mustangs and where they got them at. Any information would be great. Any dealers selling way under msrp or should I expect to pay msrp? If I get the car custom ordered does that eliminate my ability to negociate the price in my favor?

Here is the car I am looking to purchase.

New 2007 Mustang GT/CS, Black, Manual, 18' polished rims, Shaker 500, coupe. I hoping to play less than $30,000!

Thanks, It is great to have a resource like this!
You can always negociate. I went to several of my local dealers websites and spec'd the car the way I wanted it and asked them to give me the lowest price they would sell it for. They were mostly in the same ballpark, some were way up there, but one of them was $500 less so I ordered it from them. Most dealers have web prices which are somewhat lower. Ask for an X-plan price. My dealer said he would sell on the X-plan and asked for my pin number when I picked up my new car. I told him I didn't have a pin so he let me use one of his. It was $1,000 to $1,500 below MSRP, something like that anyway. I was happy with it.

Good luck