Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UGH WTF!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:26 PM
tr6nut
1st Gear Member

Default RE: UGH WTF!!

ORIGINAL: moosestang

where are you guys getting silicone grease for a grease gun? My local places ain't got ****!
There's a silicone/teflon grease called "Super-Lube" that comes in tubes to fit grease guns. I use it on my poly bushings.l I have also heard (but not confirmed) that you can get tubes of silicone grease at boat supply stores.

Hugh
Old 03-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

ORIGINAL: imyy4u
dont grease anything. i guarantee you it's the rear moan/groan that the TSB will fix. has to do with the limited slip diff. and stuff, nothing you can fix. don't waste your time, TSB it...although i got the TSB done, and my problem has returned, so i am not confident that this will fix the issue...
Maybe. Maybe not. But it is easy to tell:

If you have the TSB problem, it will ONLY make the noise when you turn. If you go straight, there will be no noise. Bumps also have nothign to do with this.

If your suspension squeaks regardless of wether or not you are turning then it's not the TSB (or maybe you have two different problems). The TSB issue is ONLY when turning. So a straight-line squeak or a squeak when going over a bump is something other than the diff.

Silicone grease is available from all the vendors of poly suspension parts: Prothane, Energy Suspension, and so on. Many of the dealers that sell parts with poly bushings also sell the grease. I bought my tube from BMR. You can also get it from an industrial supplier like Drago, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, MSC, and so on.

Overgreasing is unlikely to hurt anything, but itdoes make a mess. Wipe off any extra grease that"squirts out"..that way it won't sit there and collect dirt.
i vote crazyal for most knowledgable person on the board lol, but yeah i'll def check it out this weekend, ill also loosen and re-torque everything to proper specs
Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

+1

can't think of anyone else's posts, i would want to read lol

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

ORIGINAL: imyy4u
dont grease anything. i guarantee you it's the rear moan/groan that the TSB will fix. has to do with the limited slip diff. and stuff, nothing you can fix. don't waste your time, TSB it...although i got the TSB done, and my problem has returned, so i am not confident that this will fix the issue...
Maybe. Maybe not. But it is easy to tell:

If you have the TSB problem, it will ONLY make the noise when you turn. If you go straight, there will be no noise. Bumps also have nothign to do with this.

If your suspension squeaks regardless of wether or not you are turning then it's not the TSB (or maybe you have two different problems). The TSB issue is ONLY when turning. So a straight-line squeak or a squeak when going over a bump is something other than the diff.

Silicone grease is available from all the vendors of poly suspension parts: Prothane, Energy Suspension, and so on. Many of the dealers that sell parts with poly bushings also sell the grease. I bought my tube from BMR. You can also get it from an industrial supplier like Drago, Grainger, McMaster-Carr, MSC, and so on.

Overgreasing is unlikely to hurt anything, but itdoes make a mess. Wipe off any extra grease that"squirts out"..that way it won't sit there and collect dirt.
i vote crazyal for most knowledgable person on the board lol, but yeah i'll def check it out this weekend, ill also loosen and re-torque everything to proper specs
Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 AM
airbillster
1st Gear Member

When I had my Motive 4.10s installed I got it home and it sounded like thr rear wheels were going to fall off the car, squeeking, grinding, moaning and groanig!!! Very loud!!and a slight gear whine. Took it back and we figured out it was the limited slip differential, origionally he used amsol so he added some synthetic additive, this got rid of 50% of the noise, but it was still there!! I searched this forum and found it was pretty common occurence with Motives to different degrees. NOW, The solution - Royal Purple. Ihad my guy pull the plate and drain the rear and reload it with R/P and now ALL the noise is gone! VERY happy, NO LSD noise OR gear whine!!