Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What is this?

You cant but this grease anywhere else?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

you could call them and ask. i doubt they have their own "silicone grease plant", but if it's not expensive i'd just get it from bmr to be safe. i just got the a-arms and am going to be in the market for some myself. i'm sure you could get people to say "just use generic but similar silicone grease" and others will say "only use BMR" but why risk it one way or the other, unless of course you're stranded on a desert isle with your stang and only have generic non-BMR grease, right?!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

you could call them and ask. i doubt they have their own "silicone grease plant", but if it's not expensive i'd just get it from bmr to be safe. i just got the a-arms and am going to be in the market for some myself. i'm sure you could get people to say "just use generic but similar silicone grease" and others will say "only use BMR" but why risk it one way or the other, unless of course you're stranded on a desert isle with your stang and only have generic non-BMR grease, right?!
In a way I am, The install is pretty much done I just need to tighten the bolts and greese the zerks. So my stang is just sitting there until I do.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Make sure you get a grease that is not petroleum based. There are some out there that have silicone added to grease (oil). The petroleum is the bad stuff you don't want on those bushings.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Another quick question about the zerks. Can you turn them some because the way they are now i would have to take the LCA off every time i need to greas them, if i could turn them a quarter turn then i coule access them.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

a stab in the dark, but you could try it at least for lubing the parts and then turn them back for regular use. i could be wrong, but you should be able to see the silicone come out from around the bushings so you'll know when it's where it needs to go, then you can stop and turn the zerk back to the original position.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

You will have to buy the silicone grease online either from BMR, or Sphon (where I got mine), as it is near impossible to find in a brick and mortor store....
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

If your ZERK in are a odd position try this tool. 4th item down the page. And in case the link does not work here is the part number Part#: GGA21600 Price:$16.10

http://matcotools.com/Catalog/toolca...e=1&#40529

Richard