Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B-chips C&L and Tune - quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: B-chips C&L and Tune - quick question

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Why stay at 87 ocatane?? If you just want something mild then his performance tune is probably the best choice. The torq would be a little snappier than the performance tune and the race is way more than you would be looking for.
It's cheaper.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Why stay at 87 ocatane?? If you just want something mild then his performance tune is probably the best choice. The torq would be a little snappier than the performance tune and the race is way more than you would be looking for.
Thanks for the info. Although I didn't ask the question in the best way you gave me the answer I wanted and that was- what is the order of Doug's tunes. So it goes performance, torque, and then race. Right?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I dont know what you mean by order...those are the ones available....Dont have the race but i know its almost insane. The torq has more pull to it down low and is not as agressive up top. 3rd gear pulls like a mother though. The performance is not as much down low but more balance throughout the entire range. Both are great and I switch between the 2 every so often. You can feel the difference between each one and each one has it advantages.

As for beaing cheaper...that is not a legit excuse...its only around 100 extra a year typically to go with premium. The extra couple of HP you pick up with the higher octane is well worth it. If you cant afford that little bit of gas then you should have bought a toyota that gets 40 MPG or somethng.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Matt,
I'm not sure about you but $100 saved is $100 earned. The order I'm speaking of is what is the least "aggressive" tune to the most aggressive. This is very hard for me to figure out when ordering. All I want is better take off. Currently when I floor it from a take of it's very anemic and even when I throw the back end around it simply will not spin the tires (yes the TCS is off) so I was only looking for some lower end power.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Any of his tunes will help you do that. I can easily do that now and didnt have too much trouble before getting the tunes especially when losing the rear end. The torq in theory would be better for you but you get three so you might as well get 1 of each and a third of whatever you want. Some suspension upgrades will get rid of the wheelhop which you may or may not be having.

You also have a V6 so that has a little bit to do with it also. I didnt realize that.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Rupp, before I had my GT I had a V6 vert with the C&L and tune from B-chips. It was definitely worth it! I even stuck with the 87 Octane tune with the v6. It totally changes the car and makes it so much more responsive. I started out with the 93 Octane tune for the GT because I felt like going that route this time. I got the 87 tune too, but I didn't try it out yet. I've heard that some people can't tell the difference between them. I just really wanted to see what the 93 Torque tune was all about.

Bottom line, even if you stuck with the 87 you'd be happy with it.