Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I spoke with George earliar today and man his customer service is awesome. I told him that the side to side stiffness of the shifter is a little bit to stiff for my wife to drive and he is sending me a less aggressive springs for the shifter. We love the design of the shifter but the stiffness is a little radical fo the everydaydriving especially in heavy traffic, he said he'll might offer differnt spring ratings for the shifter due to the factmost people like the shifter to bestiff for racing purposes or not as stiff for everyday driving and occassional trips to the track. The fact that he is making it work for us to our satisfaction is simply 100% awesome customer service!
Get her a gym membership so she can work the stick.[8D]
Old 04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

I spoke with George earliar today and man his customer service is awesome. I told him that the side to side stiffness of the shifter is a little bit to stiff for my wife to drive and he is sending me a less aggressive springs for the shifter. We love the design of the shifter but the stiffness is a little radical fo the everydaydriving especially in heavy traffic, he said he'll might offer differnt spring ratings for the shifter due to the factmost people like the shifter to bestiff for racing purposes or not as stiff for everyday driving and occassional trips to the track. The fact that he is making it work for us to our satisfaction is simply 100% awesome customer service!
Get her a gym membership so she can work the stick.[8D]
Yea....she is only 5 foot 1" and weighs only 105 pounds, it's a chore for her, I bought this car for the both of us to have fun with, drive iteveryday so it's equally hers as mine, we have a 1990 GT that runs 10.40's on the motor that I can do what ever I want to it, but the 05 has to be to her likings too[8D]We had the Steeda and switch over to the MGW, if I buy another shifter for this car, she will kill me[:-]
Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

I'm bumping this up simply because the photos are so awesome. Hopefully more members will have a chance to see them.

If anyone is thinking about swapping out their stock shifter - they will learn something from these photos [like I did].

Thanks Mike - great job.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mail906

I'm bumping this up simply because the photos are so awesome. Hopefully more members will have a chance to see them.

If anyone is thinking about swapping out their stock shifter - they will learn something from these photos [like I did].

Thanks Mike - great job.
You are very welcome, and thanks for the compliments. I hope the photos help you out when you swap shifters......

Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Ordering today
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

GEORGE (mgw) said the lighter springs can be changed out from the driver seat in 5 minutes,,,,,,,
Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

mike. fine writeup. i think i might have to invest in a new shifter. great job also.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Looks Awesome....very nice write-up too

Next time, if you want, you can borrow my camera....
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey, thanks Rob!! Appreciate it......

Thanks for the offer on the camera as well. Don't want to upset your daughter though.......

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

Installed the lighter springs, made it 100% more enjoyable and it only took me about 15 minutes to swap them out. The only thing that is still worrying me is that the shifter sit's more to the left in the transmission tunnel, I know the transmission tunnel isn't exactly straight in these cars but all the other shifters Ive had where perfectly centered in the tunnel. The wife can drive it so I quess my goal was accomplished[8D]If I set the black adjusting block anything other than straight the shifter seems to shift at a angle instead of staight up and down shifts. Thats my only compaint as of now. I just need to get used to it, my Steeda shifter felt completely differnt and the gear locations are more to the right, as the MGW shifter gears selections are closer to the driver side of the car, at least in my ride. To totally opposite creatures[&:]

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter is in.....And Awesome..Pics