Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Rosarios Stang

Default RE: Shifting problems

My girl (05' GT) hates shifting at all when not warmed up. Including going into reverse and 1st to second.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:37 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: 07GT
ORIGINAL: randybobr
no really guys im having a problem.
You emailed me stating "dont treat me like you think im a dumbass"

I have e-mailed you with this reply.

What are you talking about? If you check any of my over 300 posts, you'll see that I have never made a smartass reply. I don't think you're a dumbass. My answer was a serious answer. If you start off in the morning and try to put the manual trans in reverse without first going to a forward gear it will be harder to get into gear. I suggested 4th gear first and then reverse. I don't understand your reply.
Look dude, everyone that has replied to your post is trying to help you.....this is not a one time problem and others have posted the same thing. If you think we are being smartasses to you then go somewhere else where you can bash people trying to help you.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

alright alright, settle down matt, the guy thought he was being patronized, he wasn't. im sure u know, these guys are pretty cool most of the time, try what he said, it sounds sensible. lets not make this ascrew you if you dont want my help, he obviously thought he was being made fun of. For the record, i dont think you were. no harm no foul
Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 AM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

put the car in first gear and move slightly forward. "like a inch or 2"Then try putting it in reverse.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 AM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

alright alright, settle down matt, the guy thought he was being patronized, he wasn't. im sure u know, these guys are pretty cool most of the time, try what he said, it sounds sensible. lets not make this ascrew you if you dont want my help, he obviously thought he was being made fun of. For the record, i dont think you were. no harm no foul

-Mike

+1
Old 04-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I had the same problem when I first bought my stang then took the above advice and used 1st then reverse... works great and never a problem since... hope it works for you
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM
randybobr
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the help and sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the help and sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries. Let us know if it works.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

I had the car two months almost 2000 miles on it and twice ive had trouble going to reverse. Both times were in the morning.
Its nothing. Normal for lots of cars with manual tranmissions. My 07 GT will do the same on occasion and its only in a slight "bind" for my lack of a better way of putting it. It only takes a very slight movement of the car in first gear, like about 1 inch. It will fall into reverse just fine after that, in fact just releasing the emergency brake will get it done sometimes.

But sir nothings wrong, its all good.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

Every manual I've owned has had the occasional "sticking" before going into reverse and first gear when cold. I put her into neutral (maybe jiggle it back and forth a couple times), release the clutch, then re-engage the clutch and it usually drops right with on next attempt.

Quick Reply: Shifting problems