Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Suspension for 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:59 PM
justmachit

Default Best Suspension for 05 GT

I want suspension that will give me the perfect drop. Fenders right above the tires. I haven't really seen s197's with the drop im looking for. Coilovers could probably do the trick but I want a smoother ride so those are out of the picture unless someone has anything to say. thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 02:51 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best Suspension for 05 GT

Eibach, they have the sportline and the pro kit, check those out. Don't forget if you drop it there are other parts you will need to add/change. New panhard bar, lower control arms, upper control arm and shocks/struts. use the search cuz there are plenty of posts by CrazyAl regarding suspension.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

Eibach, they have the sportline and the pro kit, check those out. Don't forget if you drop it there are other parts you will need to add/change. New panhard bar, lower control arms, upper control arm and shocks/struts. use the search cuz there are plenty of posts by CrazyAl regarding suspension.
if you use the pro kit you dont need anything but the springs...and if you get the sportlines all you need is c/c plates and a bumpsteer kit

all this other stuff will modify how well the springs will feel but you dont need them

dont see why everyone on here says that you need 1k in suspension just to change your springs
Old 04-21-2007, 03:53 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's intereting that the frhp doesn't drop you
far enough, to need uca's,lca's or a new panhard par
i am considering this option, among others

ORIGINAL: justmachit

I want suspension that will give me the perfect drop. Fenders right above the tires. I haven't really seen s197's with the drop im looking for. Coilovers could probably do the trick but I want a smoother ride so those are out of the picture unless someone has anything to say. thanks
[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/4E3B90BC1D9B4159BB6F8ED47471C2E2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

if you use the pro kit you dont need anything but the springs...and if you get the sportlines all you need is c/c plates and a bumpsteer kit

all this other stuff will modify how well the springs will feel but you dont need them

dont see why everyone on here says that you need 1k in suspension just to change your springs
The adjustable panhard rod is only needed if your rear axle shifts after the drop which, from what i hear,a lot of them do. Adjustable lower or upper control arm(s) to adjust pinion angle but i believe this is only needed if you have a 1-peice driveshaft. It's good to have LCA relocation brackets to re-center the LCA so it's not pushing your rearend upwards on a launch (causing wheelspin). Shocks and struts are suggested since everything will already be off. I've heard from several places that the stock shocks/struts will wear out quicker due to the car being lowered but i forget the exact technical reason. As you can see, most of the stuff issuggestedbut not required.

I'm only planning on dropping the rear of the car and when i do that, i'll get an adjustable panhard rod and i'll be doing either QA1 shocks/struts or Tokico D-specs at the same time (fully adjustable so I can adjust for drag strip use, and readjust for street).
Old 04-21-2007, 09:13 PM
justmachit

Thanks everybody!