Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Severe hail damage.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Default Severe hail damage.

We had some pretty bad *** hail here tonight. The front and one side of my house will need to be resided because of the holes it has in it. My '07 GT just happened to be outside when it started too. Nearly every panel on the car has dents. Trunk to hood. Even busted out the passenger side mirror and rear license plate cover. I'm going to a dent removal place in the morning just to see what they say. Most arent too deep but there are a lot. Anyone know what it would cost to replace damn near the whole body and repaint? If this is what happens I'm getting a cowl hood and maybe some other goodies. Painted stripes for sure instead of the vinyl I have now. I wonder if they can pop the dents out underneath the stripes. I'll add pics in the morning after the sun comes up.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:28 AM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Severe hail damage.

damn... sorry to hear about ur ride

where are u located?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

St. Louis suburbs. My car is garaged at home and at work. I just so happened to be at my friends down the street after work. I rarely go to his house but of all the days I just so happen to be there during a hail storm. I almost rode my raptor down to his house instead of taking the car. Wish I would have.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:50 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

Sorry for your loss that truely sucks..................... I park in the garage just cause my last ride got egged one night. ..........................Hope it all works out OK.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:23 AM
RMGraphics
Banned

I have heard of this happening to another car and the insurance just totalled the car. I am not sure if it was a new car or if it was a few years old.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RMGraphics

I have heard of this happening to another car and the insurance just totalled the car. I am not sure if it was a new car or if it was a few years old.
I have new car replacement through Allstate. Can hail damage really cost that much to fix that it would total out an 07?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Well....my story is that back in '99 when i purchased my Ranger and while still sitting at the dealer...hail got to it. I was called to come take a looked and it was ALL messed up...they called this guy who did "paintless" dent removal and let me tell you I could not tell the difference at all. So, I fugure you should be able to get the dents removed, unless you are talking abut actually damaging the paint. In may case, the paint was not affected.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

[sm=imsorry.gif] That really sucks!!! GOOD LUCK
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that.

I fear that someday that will happen here in Wilkes-Barre,PA. So far lucky. In fact come to think about it, haven't seen hail here in years. I have a driveway only, that I park the car in. I don't know what I would do if a hail storm comes through. I probably have to find a carwash and park in it until it passes.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Country1969

Sorry to hear that.

I fear that someday that will happen here in Wilkes-Barre,PA. So far lucky. In fact come to think about it, haven't seen hail here in years. I have a driveway only, that I park the car in. I don't know what I would do if a hail storm comes through. I probably have to find a carwash and park in it until it passes.
Great idea, but the problem with hail storms is you don't know thatthey are coming. Sure we get warnings of possible thunderstorms that might produce hail, but you never know.
I have a two car garage but right now my business stuff takes over. This summer I plan on building a two story, two car garage in the back for all my business stuff, that way my stang can go into the main garage in the front. In the mean time, I keep a car cover on it and so far it has helped keep bird crap as well as pollen, dust and water off of it. Best investment I've made for it so far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Severe hail damage.